AJA Video Systems today announced the new Io 4K Plus capture and output device with support for Thunderbolt 3. Io 4K Plus offers the latest 12G-SDI and HDMI 2.0 I/O connectivity, advanced audio features and 4K/UltraHD support up to 50p/60p frame rates.
Io 4K Plus is the next generation of AJA’s capture and output hardware devices and AJA’s first Thunderbolt 3 product. Offering a range of connectivity, including 12G/6G/3G/1.5G-SDI and HDMI 2.0 I/O, Io 4K Plus is compatible with the latest 4K/UltraHD devices. Using AJA’s proven drivers and application plug-ins for macOS or PC, Io 4K Plus integrates with standard creative tools such as Adobe Premiere Pro, Apple FCP X and Avid Media Composer. AJA’s proven conversion technology facilitates real time, high quality scaling of 4K and UltraHD to HD for monitoring and output. Io 4K Plus also includes an additional Thunderbolt 3 port for daisy chaining flexibility.
Thunderbolt 3’s broad bandwidth allows Io 4K Plus to support 4K/UltraHD and HD large raster, high frame rate, deep color and HDR projects to Thunderbolt 3 via USB-C equipped workstations or laptops.
“Tight deadlines and technology shifts have introduced a new layer of complexity to post-production workflows. Io 4K Plus with Thunderbolt 3 support reduces that complexity by moving high resolution, high frame rate files through a single cable with ease,” said Nick Rashby, President, AJA Video Systems.
Io 4K Plus feature highlights include:
– Thunderbolt 3.
– Backwards compatibility with existing Thunderbolt hosts.
– 12G/6G/3G/1.5G-SDI and HDMI 2.0 I/O for 4K, Ultra HD, 2K, HD and SD with HFR support up to 60p at 4:2:2.
– Realtime 4K/Ultra HD to 2K/HD down conversion.
– 8, 10 and 12-bit 4:2:2 and 4:4:4 over 12G-SDI or HDMI 2.0 workflow support.
– Two Thunderbolt 3 ports allow easy daisy-chaining of up to six Thunderbolt devices.
– 16 channel embedded audio on SDI; eight channel embedded audio on HDMI; eight channel analogue audio via XLR breakout.
– Downstream keyer.
– Standard 12v four pin XLR for AC or battery power.
– Compatibility with creative applications including Adobe Premiere Pro, Apple FCP X, Avid Media Composer; FilmLight products; AJA Control Room and more.
– Three year international warranty.
Pricing and availability
Io 4K Plus will be available mid-October 2017 for US MSRP $2495.
If you want to know more, give us a call on 03332 409 306 or email broadcast@Jigsaw24.com. For all the latest news, follow @WeAreJigsaw24 on Twitter, ‘Like’ us on Facebook or take a look at our IBC roundup.