AJA Video Systems today announced support for HDR 10+ in the developer SDK for the company’s award-winning video and audio I/O products that support 4K workflows. This new development will be demonstrated at IBC with pre-release SDK software supporting the dynamic metadata that HDR 10+ delivers.
“With dynamic metadata, picture quality can be adjusted scene-by-scene, and the image quality is stunning,” said Nick Rashby, President, AJA Video Systems. “We’re very excited about offering HDR 10+ support as part of our SDK available to developer partners, ensuring our partners can bring all the latest tools for HDR production to users as fast as possible.”
HDR 10+ builds from HDR 10, adding dynamic metadata and more, allowing for scene by scene or even shot by shot variation. The standard allows for recognizing a display’s color space and more.
– SMPTE 2094-40 Dynamic Metadata for Color Volume Transforms (DMCVT).
– Colour transforms optimized for each scene and each display.
– Metadata tracks carry supplementary color grading information.
– Minimum signal interface: HDMI 2.0a.
– Playback color representation BT.2020 or BT. 709 dependent on display.
– Playback transfer function: ST 2084.
– Playback bit depth: 10-bit.
– Open standard.
OEM partners and developers are encouraged to sign up for AJA’s developer program for access to AJA’s SDK package. HDR 10+ support is currently a feature within the beta SDK for products that include KONA 4, Io 4K and the new Thunderbolt™ 3 enabled Io 4K Plus with 4K support. The beta SDK will be made available to qualifying applicants; requests can be submitted here.
If you want to know more, give us a call on 03332 409 306 or email broadcast@Jigsaw24.com. For all the latest news, follow @WeAreJigsaw24 on Twitter, ‘Like’ us on Facebook or take a look at our IBC roundup.