After Avid’s announcement that the forthcoming release of Pro Tools HD will offer native Dolby Atmos mixing, there was more Dolby news brewing at NAB 2017, with the release of two new software bundles – the Dolby Atmos Production Suite and Dolby Atmos Mastering Suite.
Although theatrical Atmos will still require a Dolby hardware rendering and mastering unit (RMU) in a Dolby-approved room for deliverables, the new Dolby software packages will allow deliverables for domestic use, letting audio professionals create, mix, master, and edit high quality Dolby Atmos content for Blu-ray, digital delivery, gaming and virtual reality. It also appears they have bumped up the the bed tracks to 9.1. Here’s the lowdown from Dolby:
Dolby Atmos Mastering Suite
– Create, edit, mix, and master high quality Dolby Atmos content for Blu-ray and digital delivery.
– Enable Dolby Atmos workflows in editorial and premix rooms with the Dolby Atmos Production Suite.
– End-to-end content production for linear cinematic and virtual-augmented-mixed reality applications.
– Quality control (QC) of Dolby Atmos master files.
– One seat of Dolby Atmos HT-RMU Rendering and Mastering Software for Windows.
– Three copies of the Dolby Atmos Production Suite for Mac.
– Dolby Atmos Conversion Tool.
Dolby Atmos Production Suite
– Allows monitoring of content on your Mac without the need for additional hardware.
– Provides editorial and premix functionality for film and TV content, along with a complete end-to-end workflow for VR content.
– Enables playback and QC of any Dolby Atmos master file type, greatly simplifying QC workflows for high value content.
– Dolby Atmos Renderer application for Mac.
– Dolby Atmos Panner plug-in for Pro Tools.
– Dolby Atmos Panner plug-ins for VR for Pro Tools.
– Dolby Atmos Monitor application.
– VR Transcoder application.
– Session templates and documentation.
If you want to know more on the biggest and best NAB Show releases, give us a call on 03332 409 306 or email broadcast@Jigsaw24.com. For all the latest news, follow @WeAreJigsaw24 on Twitter, ‘Like’ us on Facebook or take a look at our roundup post.