Panasonic have revealed that their NAB highlights this year will include the 4K AK-UC3000 studio camera system and the HD AK-HC5000 high-speed camera system, 4-sided LED videoboards, ballooncam, and augmented reality projection.
Panasonic Corporation showcases its leading video solutions supporting 4K content creation such as broadcast / video production, stadium business and stadium entertainment at the 2017 NAB Show in Las Vegas from April 24 – 27.
“One of the big themes of NAB 2017 is the confluence of Media and Entertainment Technologies,” said Masaki Arizono, Executive Officer of Panasonic Corporation, and Vice President of Connected Solutions Company in charge of Media Entertainment Business. “This is exactly the business direction Panasonic is now aiming to pursue. It is our mission to become a truly indispensable technology partner for customers in this industry with diverse solutions, making full use of Internet connectivity and other technologies from across our portfolio.”
The Panasonic booth (C3607) at the Las Vegas Convention Center has two zones – Connected Stadium Zone and Production Zone. It is designed as a sports stadium to demonstrate how a total solution contributes to guests’ experience. Booth technologies and solutions range from next-gen sports shooting systems to the latest display devices used to engage spectators, including large LED display systems, digital signage, and other equipment for shooting, editing, transmission and distribution.
For broadcast / production, Panasonic is showcasing technologies that respond to the needs of the 4K era, such as:
– AK-UC3000 4K Studio Camera System compatible with UHD (4K) output and HD/SD simultaneous output.
– AK-HC5000 HD Studio Camera System capable of 1080p 4× high-speed shooting.
For video production, Panasonic is demonstrating product lineups that respond to evolving to high-quality content:
– VariCam 35 4K Cinema Camera/Recorder, which has already built a reputation for its HDR color reproduction, low light capability and wide dynamic range.
– VariCam LT 4K Cinema Camcorder.
– VariCamPure 4K Camera Module for V-RAW 2.0 Recorder: the camera module of the VariCam 35 directly linked to the V-RAW2.0 recorder capable of uncompressed 4K RAW acquisition.
Other 4K cameras on display:
– The AG-UX180 4K Premium Handheld Camcorder which is equipped with the industry’s widest angle 24 mm + optical 20 × zoom, 1.0 type MOS sensor.
– Lumix DC-GH5 Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds Digital Camera features a 20.3Megapixels, 4K 60p and 4:2:2 10-bit video at 24/30p.
In the Connected Stadium Zone, Panasonic displays technologies and solutions that take the stadium experience to a new level of engagement:
– ballooncam combines a drone with the hovering capability of a large balloon for a unique video platform. With unique shooting angles, the ballooncam can be used to enhance the fan experience at sporting and other stadium events.
– Gigantic four-sided LED screens, hung in the center of the field, offers premium viewing from all stadium seats.
– Window Augmented Reality Projection. See how transparent film applied to ordinary window glass can serve as signage to display pristine images. At stadiums, Window Augmented Reality Projection can be used to enhance the experience by showing player stats and high-impact video.
– LinkRay-equipped LCD Displays. These displays support Panasonic’s LinkRay light ID communication technology. Users can download info instantaneously by pointing their mobile devices at the screens.
If you want to know more on the biggest and best NAB Show releases, give us a call on 03332 409 306 or email broadcast@Jigsaw24.com. For all the latest news, follow @WeAreJigsaw24 on Twitter, ‘Like’ us on Facebook or take a look at our roundup post.