If you’re creating virtual reality video and want to match your VR video content with proper VR audio too, take a look at Sennheiser’s new AMBEO VR mic, designed to seamlessly record 3D immersive audio for captivating VR experiences.
From the outside, the AMBEO VR looks and feels like any other Sennheiser mic, but it’s the clever bits inside that give it its VR capturing capabilities. Fitted with four matched KE 14 capsules in a tetrahedral arrangement, the ambisonic mic captures the sound that surrounds you from a single point, giving you fully-spherical, 360-degree sound to complement your VR video content – all in an easy-to-use, elegant design.
The Sennheiser AMBEO VR has been developed in conjunction with virtual reality content creators, and with cinematic VR in mind, as well as live action capture for traditional film. Other uses also include live-streamed virtual reality content, live-streamed content for sports or current events, and audio capture for virtual reality games and other interactive VR content. Bundled in with the mic is also Sennheiser’s A-B encoder software plugin, which can be seamlessly embedded in your post-production process. Check out the recording workflow diagram below for an idea of how it all works:
Those Sennheiser AMBEO VR key features at a glance:
– Single-point microphone for Virtual Reality content.
– Four matched capsules in a tetrahedral cluster.
– Captures spherical, fully spatial audio in Ambisonics format.
– Pairs well with 360/VR video capture.
– Portable and rugged for various recording conditions.
– A to B format encoder included: VST and AAX (for Mac and Windows; a standalone version will be available at a later date).
Want to know more about the Sennheiser AMBEO VR microphone? Give us a call on 03332 409 306 or email audio@Jigsaw24.com. For all the latest news and reviews, follow @WeAreJigsaw24 on Twitter or ‘Like’ us on Facebook.