Avid in Education - Sibelius
"I’ve relied upon Sibelius as my primary notation weapon since version 1 in 1998. Nothing else I’ve seen in my lives as a musician, composer, arranger, orchestrator, copyist or lecturer offers the same power or flexibility."
David Tobin, Composer, songwriter, producer, www.davidtobin.co.uk
What is Sibelius?
Sibelius® is the complete Avid solution for writing, playing, printing and publishing music notation. It is the world’s first 64-bit notation software, enabling you to unlock the full power of a modern 64-bit system, load much larger and more realistic sound libraries and work more quickly, with more virtual instruments and effects, than previously.
A new 38GB sound library gives students the opportunity to hear what their compositions would sound like being played by a world-class symphony. The new Sibelius 7 user interface provides task-focused tabs that lead students through the process of creating a score from start to finish. Every feature has both an icon and a text description with full contextual help available.
In addition, version 7 now offers MusicXML export using a built-in export engine that delivers superior results to existing third-party plug-ins, at no extra cost. Students and teachers can also take their Sibelius scores on the go with the new Avid Scorch® which transforms your iPad into an interactive music stand and score library.
Visit www.avid.com/sibelius7 for more information
The benefits of learning Sibelius
With its sophisticated notation and publishing capabilities a significant proportion of top composers, arrangers, and music publishers choose Sibelius. It follows then that knowledge of this software is a must for any student seeking to enhance their career opportunities in music.
Learning begins with an introduction to the Sibelius 7 interface and basic editing operations. Task-based development follows - learning skills such as setting up a score and entering notes, importing MIDI, MusicXML, lyrics, and more, creating and using worksheets and scoring video. Sibelius 7 ships with many features designed to aid teachers and lecturers.
Classroom Control enables scores to be sent instantly to every classroom computer, as well as gathering scores at the end of class. With Versions, students can comment on their score as well as review their progress on a composition. Sibelius Licence Server features a non-technical control panel interface to assign licences, replace computers, upgrade to newer versions of Sibelius, and track licences. The Worksheet Creator meanwhile offers a comprehensive range of ready-made teaching materials - over 1,700 worksheets, projects, exercises, songs and other resources.
Want to know more? Get in touch with our Avid team on 03332 409 241 or email AvidEducation@Jigsaw24.com
- Go from start to finish more rapidly with the new task-orientated interface and enhanced layout tools
- Hear your score as you imagined, with instrumentation in the included 38GB professional sound library
- Easily share your compositions with Sibelius, Pro Tools and other DAW users through MusicXML software
- Get full 64-bit power to keep pace with your creativity and load bigger and more realistic sound libraries
- Make use of ready-made, customisable teaching materials such as Worksheet Creator
- Take control of your classroom with streamlined tools
- Get special academic pricing, plus up to four years of free upgrades
- Use the same sophisticated notation and publishing capabilities used by top composers, arrangers and music publishers
- Review your Sibelius scores on the go with the new Avid Scorch® app for iPad
- We can manage your licensing, upgrades and consolidation, and ensure your licensing servers are working correctly and efficiently
- We work closely with Avid and third party suppliers to design and support end-to-end solutions to suit your budget, however you and your students prefer to work
- As leading experts in iPad deployment, we’re perfectly placed to help you link Sibelius to Scorch
Teachers can now pick up academic licences for Sibelius 7 for £182.50 ex VAT a seat (students also get four years’ free upgrades). Schools, colleges and universities can also get a significant discount by choosing Pro Tools Academic.
To find out more about Sibelius, get in touch on 03332 409 241 or email AvidEducation@Jigsaw24.com