Avid in Education - Media Composer
"Avid Media Composer linked in with Avid Symphony® and Avid ISIS® creates the most powerful live broadcast editing package we know without which we simply couldn’t deliver Big Brother."
Mike Saunders Managing Director, DDF Post www.ddfpost.co.uk
What is Media Composer?
Avid Media Composer is the industry standard software for non-linear film or broadcast video editing. It can handle tapeless or tape-based media, editing realtime HD or SD in practically any format, with maximum picture quality. As a 64-bit application, Avid Media Composer can take advantage of the huge memory and fast processors in modern Mac and Windows workstations, matching the performance and speed required to handle complex editing. The latest version of Media Composer uses Avid AMA technology to instantly access, screen, and edit complex acquisition formats such as AVCHD clips, ARRI ALEXA MXF and RED EPIC footage, while providing maximum compatibility with codecs such as ProRes or Avid’s advanced DNxHD technology. Audio is well supported, with 64 voice audio playback and the ability to create 5.1 and 7.1 surround mixes directly within Media Composer, or import from Pro Tools®. Media Composer offers an advanced stereoscopic workflow and is able to fully exploit the power of metadata and the versatility of file-based pipelines.
Visit www.avid.com/mediacomposer for more information
The benefits of learning
Academic Media Composer courses are designed to turn students into highly skilled professional-level users.
Those new to editing begin with the foundation course, MC101. Here students will learn the complete editing workflow - from ingest to final output of a finished master - including effects and titles. Along the way, they will receive expert tips for cutting dialogue, managing the project, and more.
All this is designed to give students the skills they’ll need to work effectively in the industry. Working hands-on with Avid Media Composer and associated products such as Avid Interplay®, Avid DS and Pro Tools HD allows students to understand production workflows and demands.
Avid offers even more advanced classes designed to help unlock student creativity and raise their marketability. The curriculum will fine tune skills in film, documentary, multi-camera and script-based editing. There is the opportunity to learn cutting-edge techniques for creating animated titles, advanced effects, colour correction or specialised workflows.
By learning Media Composer, students become proficient on the same tools they’ll use as professional editors. Whether they want to work on feature films, TV shows, commercials, documentaries, or other video, knowing Media Composer can open doors to better career opportunities.
Want to know more? Get in touch with our Avid team on 03332 409 241 or email AvidEducation@Jigsaw24.com
Why Media Composer?
- Get all tools you need to tell great stories - work faster and with more media without the wait
- Create the look you want - in SD, HD, 2D and 3D
- Get the most comprehensive audio toolset of any NLE
- Work the way you want - tape or tapeless, with Avid or third-party interfaces, on the fly or with full frame precision
- Use AMA to access and edit file-based media without transcoding, then deliver it in the original format
- Stay up-to-date - students receive four years of free upgrades
- Using FCP? We can assist with the move and advise on any chages you’ll need to make
- We can develop Media Composer setups for standalone or shared environments
- With experts in production, post and audio, we can get students of all disciplines working together - we understand how important it is to integrate your software with your production equipment and handle data securely and efficiently
- We provide Apple, HP, AJA, Blackmagic Design and Matrox solutions designed to support your needs and budget
- We’ve got great links to industry - our partners at Clear Cut are even running their own placements for ambitious students!
- Dedicated tech support via phone or email support from Avid Certified Support Representatives (ACSRs)
Teachers can now pick up Media Composer 6.5 for £182.50 ex VAT a seat (students also get four years’ free upgrades). Schools, colleges and universities can also get volume discounts if they buy for a whole classroom.
To find out more about Media Composer, get in touch on 03332 409 241 or email AvidEducation@Jigsaw24.com