Our Mac and iPad support at News UK
- Who are News UK?
- News UK are one of the UK’s largest news providers. Their team of over 1000 staff produces The Times, The Sunday Times and The Sun.
- What did they need?
- Support for more than 1000 Macs and 500 iPad devices, as well as help developing proof of concept schemes for initiatives such as desktop virtualisation and mobile device management.
- How did we help?
- We provided 24-hour onsite and remote support, responding to any Mac query in under ten minutes. We work with News UK’s team to develop proof of concept schemes and provide new hardware as necessary.
- What were the benefits?
- Responsive, reliable support for all News UK's technical queries
- Ongoing development of their technology offering, allowing them to stay ahead of their competition without overtaxing their technical resources.
Download the full casestudy
What they needed from us
Support for more than 100 Macs and 500 iPad devices throughout the business.
Help developing proof of concept schemes for initiatives such as desktop virtualisation and mobile device management.
Provision of equipment from a reliable and flexible technology supplier.
What News UK thought
The news industry has undergone lots of change over that time and Jigsaw24 have been our trusted partner throughout. We have the reassurance that Jigsaw24 have real depth and strength in the Apple space and the skills we, a very dynamic media organisation, need.
Chris Birch, Interim CIO, News UK
How it worked
News UK were rethinking their IT facilities, and brought in Jigsaw24 to help.
Working closely with News UK’s technology team, we provided proof of concept schemes for initiatives such as desktop virtualisation and mobile device management.
For the procurement of new equipment and rollout, we provided warranty registration plus asset tagging and pre-configuration of devices.
We provided onsite support for Mac-based servers, desktops and portable devices.
We offered 24/7 assistance for OS troubleshooting, system updates, file and application server installation, monitoring, configuration and administration, and more.
We collaborated on file sharing, portal and infrastructure development, cloud-based backup, mobility and virtualisation.
We also advised on solutions for security, VPN management, the migration of services from Mac servers to Windows servers, end users’ data management and knowledge transfer.