Solutions & Services
Our solutions are designed to give you the best possible experience with your IT. Looking to roll out Apple? We like to think there’s literally nobody better to help you get the ultimate Apple experience. And when it comes to the creative industies, our solutions have been designed by experts who have worked in the field. Read more
Our customers are continually challenging themselves to improve their business, and it’s safe to say we find ourselves working with them as well as for them. From the creative industries to education, we provide a full range of end user solutions and services. Read more
We like to think we do things a little differently than your average IT reseller and service provider. Find out more about the company and team here, and swot up on our news, articles and events before your job interview! Read more
AutoCAD 2011 had the great function of being compatible with the Google Earth Extension, but a problem with the installer means Autodesk's new AutoCAD 2012 can't be detected.
To fix this, and get Google Earth Extension compatability, follow these steps from the Autodesk Labs website:
1. "Download the zip file from Autodesk Labs.
2. Extract the appropriate MSI file (e.g. the 64-bit one) from the PublishDWGtoGE_32_64.zip file.
3. Go to Windows Start > Run then CMD to launch the cmdline.
4. Enter msiexec /a DwgPublishToGEX64Installer.msi
5. The /a starts the installer but instead of the standard installer, it runs the network setup and allows you to extract files to a directory.
6. Copy the these files to your install directory of your desired AutoCAD, e.g. AutoCAD 2012.
7. Load the cuix file by doing the following:
- Select "CUI" tool from the 'Manage' ribbon. Or, just type 'cui' on the command line.
- Scroll down on the top half of the dialog until you find 'Partial Customization Files'. Right-click and select 'Load Partial' and pick GoogleEarth.cui from the AutoCAD Roamable Root Folder folder.
- Restart acad and you should have the Google Earth extension in the ribbon.
8. Load AeccDWGToGE.arx file using APPLOAD command or arx/load or some other way. You might want to select it as one of the apps to load at start up in APPLOAD if you're going to be using this often."
Read the article in full and download the Google Earth Extension driver file from the Autodesk Labs website.
Visit Jigsaw24 for more information on Autodesk AutoCAD 2012, call 03332 409 306 or email CAD@Jigsaw24.com.