Dolby have launched a new certification programme to recognise studios that are producing Atmos content for home entertainment. The Home Entertainment Studio Certification program offers consultancy and certification of room geometry, acoustics, speaker positioning, electroacoustic performance, mix equipment and rendering solutions.
Like the existing certification schemes (one for mixing theatrical releases, another for commercials and trailers), this certification scheme is designed to recognise, and drive business toward, rooms that are configured for optimum performance.
To qualify for a Home Entertainment Studio Certification, you need to pass a five step assessment by Dolby's engineering team. We can help you prepare for this, both in terms of making sure you have the correct room layout, hardware, software and rendering equipment – bringing our team in before you apply to ensure you're hitting the room layout requirements and have all the necessary drawings is a great way to avoid falling at the first hurdle. We can also helping you calibrate your room to Dolby's standards before their final inspection.
1. Initial technical application appraisal You complete the opening round of paperwork and send it to Dolby for an initial limited technical appraisal and consultation. This is when they'll determine whether your application is feasible (we can help you ensure that it is).
2. Technical consultation process Once you've sent Dolby all the necessary documentation, a member of the Home Entertainment team will provide technical consultation. Required documentation includes:
3. Studio agreement and certification fee invoice Once the initial technical conditions for the studio certification have been met, a studio certification agreement will be issued to the studio for signing, and a certification invoice provided.
4. Studio commissioning and certification visit A commissioning and certification studio visit is arranged once the agreement has been signed and returned, the invoice paid, and the Dolby Atmos hardware and Dolby Atmos mastering suite purchased and installed. This will be attended by an authorised Dolby Consultant.
5. Yearly recertification visits To ensure continued room quality, certified rooms are subject to a yearly recertification fee. Recertification includes visits by a Dolby engineer who will check and align the room, update software and offer training.
To find out more about prepping your room for a Dolby assessment, give us a call – we've already helped several studios and post houses get rooms up to spec for theatrical and commercial licences, and have Dolby-certified equipment available to test in our Soho demo centre. Drop your details into the form to find out more.
(£16,794.00 inc VAT)
(£658.80 inc VAT)
(£2,970.00 inc VAT)
Pop your details in the form and our team will get in touch. Alternatively, call us on 03332 400 888 or email broadcast@Jigsaw24.com.
*We would like to send you information on our latest special offers as well as relevant news, articles and event invites. Click here for examples. We’ll always treat your details with respect and the information you provide will only be used to better target the communications you receive. You can read our full Privacy Notice here.
With 25 years’ experience at our backs, we’ve encountered every issue your creative team might come up against and...
So, you’ve invested in the latest creative kit to create exciting, innovative campaigns with video and imagery. To get you back on track, we’ve...
When Churchill Community College wanted to implement a 1:1 iPad scheme in...