Sony PXW-FS7K Mark II 4K Camcorder with Lens and Shogun Inferno Kit
Estimated 2-3 Days Delivery
Jigsaw Code: X584AAR
Manufacturer Code: PXW-FS7M2K-SHOGUN-KIT
Platform: cross platform
Availability: Estimated 2-3 Days Delivery
Details Sony is expanding its FS Series Super 35mm professional family with the addition of the new FS7 II camcorder. The new model builds on the original FS7's strengths by adding advanced features including Electronic Variable ND technology, a lever lock type E-mount, and a new mechanical design for faster and easier set-up.
Since its introduction in 2014, the FS7 has become one of the most widely used cameras in a range of production applications, and the original model remains in the Sony line-up. The new FS7 II now gives creative professionals a broader range of creative tools, with new features all based on end user feedback.
The new FS7 II camcorder is designed for long-form shooting and production applications, especially for documentaries and independent filmmaking. Amongst the many enhancements outlined below, the FS7 II can also record in BT2020 colour space, hence making it ideal for today's 4K broadcast productions.
The camcorder's Electronic Variable ND Filter system, combined with its large sensor, delivers greater exposure control, with the option of preset or variable operation modes. Variable ND mode (clear + 2~7 stop range, in seamless transition steps up to 1/128) allows the user to vary the density of the ND filter during shooting and to transition seamlessly between steps. This also ensures an optimum motion delivery by maintaining desired shutter speed.
The FS7 II revisited E-mount (lever lock type) gives users the ability to change lenses by rotating the locking collar rather than the lens itself, which means that in most cases lens support rigs don't need to be removed, saving time during a production. The new E-Mount has been designed for demanding applications in the professional environment and will fit any existing E-mount lenses in the market and other mount lenses with an adapter. The new FS7 II camcorder also supports Sony a Mount System, which includes more than 70 lenses.
Included with the FS7 MK II is he new lens, model E PZ 18-110mm F4 G OSS, covers Super35mm and APS-C sensors. Compact and lightweight- 2.4 lbs (1.1Kg)- with an 18 to 110 focal range (6x zoom) it uses a new fully mechanical/servo zoom switchable system, capable of snap zooms and entirely devoid of lag. The focal range is optimised for Super 35 and APS-C sensors.
Jigsaw24 have put together this bundle with the XDCA-FS7 and the Atomos Shogun Inferno to extend the functionality of the FS7 MK II with 12-bit linear RAW output in high frame rates. While the PXW-FS7 XDCAM camera comes with internal XAVC and MPEG-2 recording on XQD media, you can attach the optional XDCA-FS7 Extension Unit to allow RAW data output to record 12-bit RAW footage, as well as adding extra I/O connectors like timecode and genlock. Pair this with the Atomos Shogun Inferno Monitor and Recorder, and you can shoot high frame rate ProRes recording to the FS7, and with S-LOG 2 and S-LOG 3 you can shoot with higher dynamic range which can be monitored and exposed correctly on the Shogun Inferno as it boasts a brightness of 1500nit. Also, with the Shogun Inferno, you have the option to record on affordable SSD media in up to 4KDCI 60p (ProRes), 4K30p (CDNG) and over 200fps in HD, or alternatively stick with the XQD media used in the FS7 MK II. We've bundled these essential tools for shooting in RAW together to help you dave over £1,000* compared to purchasing separately.
*at time of writing- subject to price changes
- Form Factor
- Semi-shoulder Mount
- Recording Media
- XQD in FS7 MK II or SSD in Shogun Inferno
- DCI 4K
- UHD 4K
- Supported Codecs
- XAVC-I 422, XAVC-L 422, XAVC-L 420 and MPEG HD422
- File Formats
- XAVC Intra, XAVC Long GOP, MPEG 422, RAW and ProRes
- Monitor Size
- 8.8cm (3.5 type) Approx. 1.56M dots
- Lens Mount Type
- E mount (lever lock)
- Focal Length
- 18-110mm (27-165mm 35mm equivalent)
- Optical Zoom
- Selectable: Mechanical or servo
- Built in Microphone
- Omni-directional microphone
- Audio Inputs
- XLR-type 3-pin (female) (x2), line/mic/mic +48 V selectable Mic Reference: -40, -50, -60dBu
- Audio outputs
- LPCM 24 bits, 48 kHz, 4 channels
- Video Outputs
- SDI BNC(x2), switchable with 3G-SDI/HD-SDI SMTPE292M/424M/425M HDMI Type A (x1)
- USB device, mini-B (x1) Stereo mini jack (x1) -16dBu 16 Stereo mini-mini jack (2.5 mm) 4-pin, Type A for W-LAN (x1)
- Battery Type
- BP-U30 battery
- Power Consumption
- Approx. 19W
- Approx. 2.0 kg (body only)
- H 245.2mm W 158.9mm D 247.0mm
- 1 Year Limited Warranty
What's in the Box
- PXW-FS7 Mark II camcorder Viewfinder Grip remote control Eye piece (loupe) VF hood Battery: BP-U30 Battery charger: BC-U1 AC adapter: AC-UES123 Attachment bracket for CBK-WA100 WiFi dongle: IFU-WLM3 Sensor cap Remote commander: RMT-845 USB cable Clamp spacer Cold shoe kit Power cord Operating instructions Content Browser serial number Sony 18-110mm Sony G lens Sony XDCA FS7 Camera Extension box Atomos Shogun Inferno