Sony PMW-F5 Super 35mm PL Mount 4K Capable Camera
Ordered on Request. Usually 5-7 Days.
Jigsaw Code: X761AAG
Manufacturer Code: PMW-F5
Platform: cross platform
Availability: Ordered on Request. Usually 5-7 Days.
The compact, flexible PMW-F5 makes serious cinematography in HD, 2K, QFHD or 4K accessible on all budgets. Modular, easy to use and highly sensitive, it's effortlessly adaptable to suit different production agendas, from documentaries to music promos and ENG. It can even be upgraded to the PMW-F55 to match your widening creative horizons.
Cinematographers tell their stories with light and shadow - and the ability to render tones from deepest shadows to brightest highlights is a crucial test of any digital camera.
The F5 excels with an impressive 14 stops of exposure latitude, bringing audiences more emotion, depth and detail in every frame.
DPs notice how the F5 holds remarkable detail in the highlights, together with extremely low noise in blacks and lowlights. The result? Graceful, ultra-natural contrast rendering in any scene.
From stunts and explosions to a single raindrop - high-speed shooting at up to 240 frames per second with the F5 gives directors and DPs a powerful storytelling tool.
The camera also supports Slow & Quick (S&Q) motion for overcranking and undercranking, letting you alter the narrative by speeding up or slowing down the action in 1 fps increments.
You'll enjoy full quality at any frame rate, with no sacrifice in bit depth and no `windowing' of the sensor. So there's no crop factor and no loss in angle of view.
Surprisingly small, light and modular, the F5 lets you build up the right configuration for each project - or each shot.
Add the AXS-R7 Portable Memory Recorder and capture 2K RAW at up to 240 fps for silk-smooth 10x super slow motion. Detach the recorder with an extension cable to shoot in tight spaces with rigs and cranes. Or go with internal recording whenever size and weight are top priorities.
The optional CBK-55BK build-up kit transforms the F5 into a familiar shoulder-mounted camcorder for news and field-based production. You can even mount B4 lenses via an optional adapter to switch between broadcast- and cine-style shooting.
- Form Factor
- Recording Media
- SD card slot (x1), ExpressCard (x2)
- DCI 4K
- UHD 4K
- XAVC 2K
- XAVC HD, MPEG4 SStP, MPEG2 HD
- MPEG2 HD
- File Formats
- XAVC (AVC/H.264 High 4:2:2 Intra Profile) HD: SMPTE RP2027 Class101 compliant MPEG2 HD (MPEG-2 Long GOP) HD 422 mode: CBR, 50 Mbps max., MPEG-2 422P@HL *2
- Lens Mount Type
- Focal Length
- Lens not included
- Sensory Size
- Super 35mm equivalent
- Built in Microphone
- Audio Inputs
- CH-1/CH-2: XLR-type 3-pin (female) (x2), Line/Mic/Mic +48V (AES/EBU) *4 switchable
- Video Outputs
- SDI Output- BNC (x4), SDI 1/2 Line Output, SDI 3/4 Monitor Output HDMI Output- A Type (x1)
- Test Output- BNC (x1), HD-Y or HD Sync (tri-level) V1.0 Timecode Input/Output- TC IN/OUT (x1) switchable Genlock Input- BNC (x1) Remote- 8-pin (x1) USB- USB device, Mini-B (x1), USB host, type-A (x1) Headphone Output- Stereo mini jack (x1) Speaker Output- Monaural Shutter- BNC (x1) (To be supported by future upgrades.) WiFi- USB host, type-A (x1)
- Battery Type
- Sony BP
- Power Consumption
- Approx .24 W (while recording XAVC HD 60p, EVF Off, LCD monitor Off, HD-SDI On)
- 2.2 kg (without lens, handle, audio box and accessories)
- H 125mm W 130mm D 191mm
- 2 years PrimeSupportElite Gold cover. Extended support hours (Mon-Fri 9:00-21:00 CET), 1 week fast repair with all logistics covered
What's in the Box
- Lens mount adapter (1) Battery adapter (1) Audio input connector (1) Screws for the audio input connector (4) Tape measure hook (1) USB wireless LAN module IFU-WLM3 (1) *4 Before Using this Unit (1) Operating Instructions (CD-ROM) (1)