Sony HXR-NX80 1.0 Type 4K HDR NXCAM Compact Camcorder
Jigsaw Code: X375AAT
Manufacturer Code: HXR-NX80//C
Platform: cross platform
Availability: Pre-Order Now
The HXR-NX80 is the first professional palm-sized camcorder to deliver stunning 4K High Dynamic Range (HDR) content with Hybrid Log-Gamma (HLG) file-based workflows. S-Log3 is also supported, enabling you to create beautiful imagery with a wide colour gamut and colour range.
As the expanding need for HDR content continues, internet video platforms and professionals producing corporate or event content are paying more attention to the added value of HDR. They need to deliver content quickly, without compromising on imaging expression and quality of content. To meet this demand, the HXR-NX80 offers Hybrid Log-Gamma (HLG) recording, in addition to S-Log3, for easy file-based workflows, whilst achieving the image quality of HDR. This simple workflow enables the shooting, editing and viewing of HDR content in HLG, without devoting a lot of time to post-production work and additional color grading.
To deliver imaging performance previously impossible for a compact camcorder. A large 14.2-megapixel (effective) 1.0-type stacked CMOS image sensor delivers beautiful background bokeh defocus effects and superior sensitivity for capturing high-quality images with less noise, even under dark or bright conditions. This sensor integrates up to 273 phase-detection AF points that densely cover approx. 84% of the image area, for precise tracking of subjects throughout the shooting frame.
The sensor also gives you low noise and less blur because more light reaches the sensor, offering clear and steady pictures even in a dark scene with minimum illumination 1.7 lux
Enhanced Fast Hybrid auto focus (AF) is comprised of a number of features: Phase-detection AF with up to 273 reference points covering approximately 84% of the image area, face detection and lock-on auto focus technology to estimate subject movement. They all work together seamlessly to capture fast-moving subjects with amazing sharpness.
High Frame Rate shots can turn everyday actions into slow motion ballet and the HXR-NX80 delivers up to 120 frames* per second (fps) in Full HD, giving you a maximum of 5 times slow motion expression. There's no sacrifice in bit depth and no "windowing" of the sensor. So there's no crop factor, no loss in angle of view. Higher frame rates of 240, 480 and 960 fps are also possible at specific resolutions.
The HXR-NX80 is supplied with a fixed 29mm wide-angle ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T* lens, ideal for capturing panoramic landscapes. The 12x optical zoom can be increased to 18x with Clear Image Zoom, maintaining 4K resolution using Super Resolution Technology or 24x in HD. In addition, the Digital Extender can double this range again, up to 48x zoom.
The camcorder's lens ring enables smooth, natural adjustment of focusing or zooming, depending on which mode is selected; while the manual dial and buttons on the side of the body allow swift and easy adjustment of IRIS
- Form Factor
- Hand Held
- Recording Media
- DCI 4K
- UHD 4K
- Supported Codecs
- XAVC S 4K, XAVC S HD, XAVC S Proxy, AVCHD
- File Formats
- MPEG4-AVC/H264 4:2:0 Long profile MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 AVCHD 2.0 format compatible DV
- Monitor Size
- 1.0 cm
- OLED Approx. 1.56M dots
- Lens Mount Type
- Focal Length
- f=9.3 - 111.6mm equivalent to f=29.0 - 348.0mm on 35 mm lens(16:9) equivalent to f=32.8 - 393.6mm on 35mm lens(3:2)
- Sensory Size
- 1.0-type (13.2mm x 8.8mm) back-illuminated Exmor RS CMOS sensor
- Optical Zoom
- Built in Microphone
- Audio Inputs
- XLR-type 3-pin (female) (x2), line/mic/mic +48 V selectable
- Audio outputs
- Stereo mini jack (x1)
- Video Outputs
- HDMI Type A out, Integrated into Multi/Micro USB jack (.1), Composite 1.0Vp-p, 75O
- Multi/Micro USB jack (x1) DC input
- Battery Type
- Power Consumption
- Approx. 5.7 W (while recording with viewfinder and XAVC S 4K 2160/30p 60Mbps) Approx. 6.1 W (while recording with LCD and XAVC S 4K 2160/30p 60Mbps)
- Approx 955g (with lens hood, eyecup) Approx 1320g (with lens hood, handle, eyecup, NP-FV70A battery)
- H 199.5mm W 176.0mm D 385.0mm
- 1 Year Limited Warranty
What's in the Box
- HXR-NX80 (1) XLR handle unit (1) Lens hood (1) Lens cap (1) Large eyecup (1) Accessory shoe kit (1) USB cable (1) Rechargeable battery pack (NP-FV70A) (1) AC Adaptor (AC-L200D) (1) Power cord (mains lead) (1) Wireless Remote Commander (RMT-845) (1) Lithium battery (CR2025 for the Wireless Remote Commander) (1), Pre-installed to the Wireless Remote Commander Operating Guide (2) CD-ROM Manuals for Solid-State Memory Camcorderr (1) Warranty (1)