Sony PXW-X70 1 inch Exmor CMOS 4k Ready Camcorder + MPEG HD Upgrade
Stock Arriving Soon
Jigsaw Code: X378AAN
Manufacturer Code: PXW-X70//C+MPEG
- Audio Inputs: 2 x XLR and 1 x 3.5mm Jack
- Warranty: 1 Year Limited Warranty
- Recording Formats: XAVC HD (1920 x 1080)@59.94p, 50p, 50Mbps/35Mbps XAVC HD (1920 x 1080)@59.94i, 50i, 50Mbps/35Mbps/25Mbps XAVC HD (1920 x 1080)@29.97p, 25p, 23.98p, 50Mbps/35Mbps XAVC HD (1280 x 720)@59.94p, 50p,50Mbps AVCHD (1920 x 1080)@59.94p, 50p,PS mode (28Mbps) AVCHD (1920 x 1080) @59.94i/50i/29.97p/25p/23.98p, FX mode (24Mbps), FH mode (17Mbps) AVCHD (1280 x 720)@59.94p, 50p, FX mode (24Mbps), FH mode (17Mbps), HQ mode (9Mbps) DV (720 x 480) @59.94i, 25Mbps DV (720 x 576) @50i, 25Mbps
- Lens Included
- Recording Media: Memory Stick Duo, , SDHC Card
- Form Factor: Handheld
Platform: cross platform
Availability: Stock Arriving Soon
The PXW-X70 features a 1.0 type ExmorT R CMOS Sensor with a resolution of 20 megapixels. The sensor, which is even larger than the Super 16mm film frame, delivers high resolution and fantastic low light performance, as well as offering more depth of field control as demanded by today's diverse shooting requirements. The new camcorder has the ability to record High Definition in XAVC Long GOP, enabling 422 10-bit sampling at 50 Mbit/s. This in-turn supports a broadcast-quality workflow, increasingly adopted by productions in many different professional applications. A fixed ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T* lens achieves 12x optical zoom which can be doubled to 24x with Clear Image Zoom and doubled again to 48x with Digital Extender zoom. There is also a ND Filter function, allowing you to choose four conventional mechanical ND filter positions. Advanced features include Wi-Fi/NFC (Near Field Communication) with Content Browser MobileT, plus dual media slots, "Simul" or "Relay" recording, and independent record control.
1.0 type Exmor R CMOS Sensor for stunning picture quality High sensitivity and fantastic resolution with 14.2 million effective pixels delivers striking detail and colours, even in low light conditions.
Carl Zeiss Vario Sonnar T* lens The lens offers a 12x optical zoom, which can be increased to 24x with Clear Image Zoom while retaining full resolution thanks to Super Resolution Technology. Zoom performance can be doubled at any point with a Digital Extender by up to 48x.
Compact, lightweight XDCAM camcorder packed with adaptable professional functions The PXW-X70 weighs less than 1.4kg, including the XLR handle unit, battery (NP-FV70), lens hood and large eye-cup. It offers professional interfaces such as 3G-SDI and HDMI output connectors plus an XLR x2 handle unit with zoom lever. Other professional features include a manual lens ring that can intuitively control zoom and focus, ergonomic palm grip with large zoom lever, two SD memory card slots for backup, simultaneous and relay recording, and a three-level switchable ND filter.
Breadth of recording format capabilities and 4K ready Provides multiple choices depending on application required, including XAVC, AVCHD and DV file-based recording. When recording in XAVC, the PXW-X70 uses the MXF file format, efficiently compressing full HD (1920 x 1080) resolution using the MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 CODEC. Image sampling is 4:2:2 10-bit with high-efficiency Long-GOP compression at 50 Mbps, 35 Mbps or 25 Mbps. The PXW-X70 is also 4K ready and can handle 4K recordings with a future upgrade.
Built-in Wi-Fi control functionality for monitoring and remote control versatility Near Field Communication functions enable easy, one-touch wireless LAN connection to a smartphone or tablet, while the Content Browser Mobile application allows confirmation of shot angles and operation of the camcorder by remote, including field angle setting, spot focus and iris adjustment.
he CBKZ-SLMP upgrade licence adds MPEG HD422 50Mbps and MPEG HD420 35Mbps recordings to the popular PXW-X70 palm-sized camcorder. The CBKZ-SLMP upgrade licence allows the following recording formats: MPEG HD422 50Mbps (1920x1080) at 60i/50i/30p/25p/24p and (1280x720) at 60p/50p, as well as MPEG HD420 35Mbps (1920x1080) at 60i/50i/30p/25p/24p, (1440x1080) at 60i/50i and (1280x720) at 60p/50p.
Note: PXW-X70 requires Version 3.0 firmware or above.
- Form Factor
- Recording Media
- Memory Stick Duo, , SDHC Card
- PAL High Definition Mode
- NTSC High Definition Mode
- XAVC HD (1920 x 1080)@59.94p, 50p, 50Mbps/35Mbps XAVC HD (1920 x 1080)@59.94i, 50i, 50Mbps/35Mbps/25Mbps XAVC HD (1920 x 1080)@29.97p, 25p, 23.98p, 50Mbps/35Mbps XAVC HD (1280 x 720)@59.94p, 50p,50Mbps AVCHD (1920 x 1080)@59.94p, 50p,PS mode (28Mbps) AVCHD (1920 x 1080) @59.94i/50i/29.97p/25p/23.98p, FX mode (24Mbps), FH mode (17Mbps) AVCHD (1280 x 720)@59.94p, 50p, FX mode (24Mbps), FH mode (17Mbps), HQ mode (9Mbps) DV (720 x 480) @59.94i, 25Mbps DV (720 x 576) @50i, 25Mbps
- Monitor Size
- 3.5 inch
- Viewfinder Included
- Viewfinder Size
- Lens Included
- Lens Mount Type
- Filter Thread Size
- 1 inch CMOS
- Optical Zoom
- Focal Length
- 29.5mm Equ - 348mm
- Shutter Speed Range (Seconds)
- 1/10000 - 1/6
- Built-in Microphone
- Audio Inputs
- 2 x XLR and 1 x 3.5mm Jack
- Audio Output
- Headphone Monitoring
- Maximum Audio Sampling Frequency
- Maximum Audio Bit Depth
- Number of Audio Channels
- SDI Video
- 1 x HD-SDI
- Component Video
- Composite Video
- USB 2.0
- LANC Terminal
- Remote Control
- Battery Type
- Power Consumption (W)
Weight & Dimensions
- Weight (kg)
- H 180.9 mm W 130.3 mm D 287 mm
- 1 Year Limited Warranty
What's in the Box
- XLR handle unit (1), Lens hood (1), Lens cap (1), Large eyecup (1), Accessory shoe kit (1), USB cable (1) Rechargeable battery pack (NP-FV70) (1), AC Adaptor (AC-L200D) (1), Power cord (mains lead) (1) Wireless Remote Commander (RMT-845) (1), Lithium battery (CR2025 for the Wireless Remote Commander (1), Pre-installed to the Wireless Remote Commander, Operating Guide (2), CD-ROM Manuals for Solid-State Memory Camcorder (1), Warranty (1)