Sonnet xMac Pro Server Thunderbolt-PCIe 2.0 Expansion 4U for Mac Pro
Stock Arriving Soon
Jigsaw Code: M290AXB
Manufacturer Code: XMAC-PS
Availability: Stock Arriving Soon
Sonnet's xMac Pro server is a rackmount enclosure and expansion chassis specifically designed for the new Apple Mac Pro. As well as allowing users to safely secure their Mac Pro in the 4U rackmount enclosure it also provides PCIe expansion with three PCIe slots, as well as providing space for additional devices - such as HDDs, SSDs, a tape or optical drive - using the optional Mobile Rack Mounting Kit. The rear interface panel features x3 USB 3.0 ports, x2 Gigabit Ethernet Ports and x1 HDMI port for easy connectivity with an additional USB 3.0 port and power button on the front panel. Thunderbolt 2 technology enables maximum performance, but the xMac Pro Server is also fully compatible with earlier generation Thunderbolt devices too.
The 4U rackmount enclosure has been designed exclusively for the Mac Pro. The computer mounting module holds the Mac Pro securely, while soft touch padding protects its mirror finish. The front panel features the power switch and a USB 3.0 port for easy accessibility while the rear panel features Gigabit Ethernet, HDMI, and USB 3.0 cables, as well as the power cord. Holes for cable ties enable you to secure cables inside, keeping them tidy while avoiding accidental disconnects.
A Thunderbolt cable is included to connect the Mac Pro's Thunderbolt 2 port to one of xMac Pro Server's Thunderbolt ports, linking the PCIe slots to the computer. The xMac Pro Server's additional Thunderbolt port supports daisy chaining Thunderbolt peripherals such as additional PCIe expansion, pro video breakout boxes, video capture and playback devices, audio I/O devices, and more.
Sonnet's xMac Pro Server supports three full-length, full-height, single-width cards, or one double-width card plus one single-width card. It integrates a universal 300W power supply and includes a 75W PCIe power connector for cards that require supplementary power, such as the Avid Pro Tools|HDX or the new RED ROCKET-X. Temperature-controlled, variable-speed fans automatically and quietly cool the cards.
The xMac Pro Server also provides space for installing additional devices - using Sonnet's optional Mobile Rack Device Mounting Kit, you can install two 5.25" mobile rack devices inside xMac Pro Server's enclosure and easily connect them to cards installed in the chassis.
- Two Thunderbolt 2 Ports Three USB 3.0 ports Two Gigabit Ethernet ports HDMI port
- Expansion Slot
- One x8 mechanical (x8 electrical) PCIe 2.0 One x16 mechanical (x8 electrical) PCIe 2.0 One x8 mechanical (x4 electrical) PCIe 2.0 One 6-pin Mini-Fit Jr (same type as on legacy Mac Pro motherboard; provides up to 75W of power for PCIe cards that require supplemental power)
- H 17.8cm W 48.3cm D 40.6cm
In the Box
- In the box
- xMac Pro Server, assembled 1-meter Thunderbolt cable Thunderbolt cable lock Two power cords Documentation Note: Mac Pro, PCIe cards, and Mobile Rack Device Mounting Kits sold separately
- PCIe Cards Supported: Three full-length PCIe cards, or One full-length, double-width PCIe card, plus one single-width card Power Supply: Universal 300W, 115-230V AC, 50-60 Hz