Sonnet xMac mini Server Thunderbolt-PCIe 2.0 Expansion 1U for Mac mini
Jigsaw Code: M053AXB
Manufacturer Code: XMAC-MS-A
The Sonnet xMac Mini Server allows you to transform your Mac Mini into a fully functional 1U rackmount server, complete with PCIe expansion slots. Connecting via Thunderbolt, the Sonnet xMac Mini Server greatly increases the potential of the Mac Mini, for example allowing it to be used as an Xsan metadata controller or ingest station for HD video, amongst many other uses. It's two PCIe 2.0 expansion slots - One x8 PCIe 2.0 half-length and one PCIe 2.0 full-length - support a wide range of PCIe cards, including Fibre Channel, 10 Gigabit Ethernet, pro video capture and playout, SAS/SATA RAID controllers and pro audio cards. The integrated 150W power supply provides plenty of power; an auxiliary PCIe power connector enables use of power hungry cards such as the Avid Pro Tools|HDX or the RED ROCKET.
The xMac Mini Server is designed to be easy to set up and maintain too, providing easy access to its PCIe slots and the computer's ports - simply loosen two thumbscrews and slide the top cover off. An included Thunderbolt cable connects your Mac mini to one of the xMac mini Server's Thunderbolt ports, linking the PCIe slots to the computer. The xMac mini Server's second Thunderbolt port allows daisy chaining of additional Thunderbolt peripherals, while the rear panel includes easily accessible Gigabit Ethernet, two USB 3.0 and HDMI ports.
The Sonnet xMac Mini Server is designed to be energy efficient; variable-speed fans automatically adjust to the unique needs of each configuration, and the auto power on/off feature ensures there is no energy wasted with cards powered on when the Mac mini is sleeping or off. It's also Sever Room ready - the 1U rackmount enclosure features user-replaceable power supply and fans, as well as built-in cable management features. Threaded holes in the side of the enclosure match up with Sonnet's Rack Slide Sets (purchased separately).
While Sonnet have designed the xMac mini Server to be easily upgradeable to Thunderbolt 2, please note it is NOT part of the free Thunderbolt 2 upgrade program.
- Two Thunderbolt (one open, one used) One RJ-45 Gigabit Ethernet port extension Three USB 3.0 ports (one front mount and 2 rear mount) One HDMI port extension
- Expansion Slot
- One x8 (x4 electrical) PCIe 2.0 half-length One x16 (x4 electrical) PCIe 2.0 full-length
- H 4.4cm W 48.3cm D 45.1cm
In the Box
- In the box
- xMac mini Server, assembled 0.5-meter Thunderbolt cable Daughter card mounting bracket Thunderbolt cable lock(4) Power cord Documentation Note: Mac mini and PCIe cards sold separately
- Internal Connectors: 6-pin Mini-Fit Jr (provides auxiliary power for PCIe cards that require it) One C-8 power Compatibility: Mac mini or Mac mini with OS X Server (with Thunderbolt) OS X 10.6.8+ OS X Server and OS X Mavericks compatible