The latest update to world-renowned DaVinci Resolve platform has been uploaded for all platforms this week, here’s a run-down of whats new:
– Decode support for HEVC/H.265 QuickTime video in DaVinci Resolve Studio on Windows.
– Added Media Storage context menu option to directly add storage locations without opening Preferences on Mac and Windows.
– Ability to add Media Storage locations without restarting Resolve on Mac and Windows.
– Added support for reading Reel Names in OpenEXR media.
– Added decode support for Sony MPEG2 video files.
– Added support for ARRI RAW sharpness when using the ARRI Full Res Debayer.
– Added support for smaller font sizes on burn-ins.
– Added support for keyboard shortcut for loop on the Edit Page.
– Improved HEVC/H.265 decode performance on Mac in DaVinci Resolve Studio.
– Improved H.264 decode performance on Windows.
– Improved Varicam, MPEG4, AVC and AVC-Intra MXF decode performance on Mac and Windows.
– Improved compressed OpenEXR decode performance.
– Added support for RED SDK v6.1.
– General performance and stability improvements.
As we’re now on the countdown to NAB2016 we cant wait to see what new toys the guys are working on behind the scenes. In the mean time, you can check out the latest version by downloading from Blackmagic’s support site here.