If you’re a Mac user with a penchant for Windows applications, we have good news for you – Parallels have released their latest version of Parallels Desktop for Mac. Parallels Desktop 9 brings new features to the toolset, including support for OS X Mavericks and Windows Blue (8.1), and for a limited time anyone buying Parallels 8 will be able to claim a free upgrade under the Parallels Tech Guarantee.
All-new features and support
Parallels Desktop 9 is a tool that lets you run Windows and OS X applications side-by-side on a Mac, without having to reboot the system. Applications can be launched directly from the Mac’s dock, which means moving between them is easier than ever. In this latest release of the tool, new and improved features include:
– New! PowerNap extends to Windows and Windows applications so you’re always up to date.
– New! Mountain Lion Dictionary gesture works in Windows applications.
– New! Connect Thunderbolt and Firewire devices to either your Mac or your virtual machine – just like you do with USB devices.
– Enhanced! The New Virtual Machine wizard makes it even easier to create new virtual machines, automatically locating operating systems on your machine or letting you manually select a range of media types to install.
– 40% better disk performance than the previous version.
– Virtual machines shut down up to 25% faster than the previous version.
– Virtual machines suspend up to 20% faster than the previous version.
– 3D graphics and web browsing is 15% faster than the previous version.
– iCloud, Dropbox, Google Drive and SkyDrive optimisations eliminate duplication of files locally.
– New! Get stuff done in Windows 8 with a “real” Start menu and the ability to run Modern (Metro) apps in a separate window rather than in full screen.
– New! The Security Center makes it easy for you to be sure all your stuff is secure, both on your Mac and in your Windows virtual machine.
– New! OS X Mavericks (10.9) and Windows Blue (8.1) support.
Each purchase will also come with a free 6-month subscription to Parallels Access, Parallels’ tool for accessing Windows resources on an iPad. Find out more about Parallels Access here.
Parallels Tech Guarantee
Have you purchased Parallels Desktop 8 since 15th August 2013? If so, you’ll be eligible for a free upgrade to version 9. All you’ll need to do is head on over to the Parallels website here, fill in the form (and provide proof of purchase) and a copy of the v9 will be sent out to you. Parallels are running this upgrade promotion until 31st October 2013, so if you do purchase version 8 during that time, you will be able to upgrade.
Want to find out more? Get in touch with the team on 03332 409 306 or email sales@Jigsaw24.com.