“PROMISE’s new VTrak A-Class is Fast, Easy to Use, Scalable, and Dramatically Reduces the Cost and Complexity of SAN Deployments” according to their press team…
LAS VEGAS, April 8, 2013 – Today at the 2013 NAB show, PROMISE Technology, Inc., a leader in developing high-performance RAID storage solutions for the media and entertainment market, unveiled a comprehensive, low cost turnkey scale out SAN storage solution for big data : the new VTrak A-Class. Developed with creative professionals in the media and entertainment market in mind, the VTrak A-Class is ideally suited and feature optimized to the storage intensive workflows of post-production, broadcast and data asset management and archiving. PROMISE’s new storage solution enables multiple clients running Windows®, Mac OS® X or Linux to access a shared SAN filesystem over Fibre Channel.
As an all-in-one SAN solution, the VTrak A-Class eliminates the need to purchase a separate primary metadata storage server, secondary metadata storage server, metadata storage device/array in order to create a SAN solution. A single integrated vendor solution is easier to deploy, more energy efficient, and more cost effective.
PROMISE has a strong foothold and long history in the post-production, broadcast and data asset management markets. From collaborating and editing post-production video to storing archives, creative professionals process massive quantities of large, high resolution files on a daily basis. Excellent throughput is crucial to these data intensive tasks, and the VTrak A-Class meets and exceeds the increased performance requirements that are typical of the media and entertainment industries. When designing the VTrak A-Class, PROMISE worked closely with customers and partners who voiced the need for a single vendor SAN storage solution that would address the challenges they faced – including increasingly complex shared storage at high acquisition costs. As an integrated SAN solution, the VTrak A-Class reduces the complexity of a SAN configuration to a single unit and single unified managed software, with a low cost for entry into a solution you can “pay as you grow”. Requiring zero server hardware, the new solution allows for high-performance collaborative editing right out of the box, using PROMISE’s high performing, low latency filesystem, VTrakFS. Additionally, the VTrak A-Class simplifies support and makes it easy to grow the system all the way up to 7 plus petabytes – all while remaining online and without downtime.
“At Tekserve we serve creative professionals at all levels, including some of the biggest names in the post-production and broadcast environment,” said Aaron Freimark, CTO for Tekserve. “They count on us to provide the best in technology, sales and service, and that is what makes PROMISE’s new offering such a great fit for us. From simplifying SAN deployments so our customers can get their workflows up and running in almost no time, to bringing the high-end performance they demand to get their projects done faster – the VTrak A-Class meets some very specific needs of the media and entertainment industry.”
The VTrak A-Class enriches PROMISE’s dynamic portfolio of storage solutions for rich media applications. The new solution delivers high-performance file sharing for nearly all aspects of media and entertainment, including video, film and broadcast, at a fraction of the cost of its competitors.
“PROMISE has become a trusted supplier to the media and entertainment market by developing fast, simple, scalable, cost effective storage solutions,” said James Lee, CEO, PROMISE Technology. “More than just a storage system, the VTrak A-Class builds on this legacy and moves beyond storage with a world-class SAN filesystem infrastructure. This makes it an excellent solution for companies that have high-performance digital video requirements and want to maximize the efficiency of their storage infrastructure.”
Key Benefits Include:
– High-performance, low latency over a shared SAN optimized for high definition resolution, providing over 5,500MB/s Sequential Read and 2,400MB/s Sequential Write performance, per node up to eight nodes.
– Collaborative editing right out of the box. No additional cost of switch needed for up to 4 clients, which means no additional equipment besides “one box”.
– Supports heterogeneous environments for Mac OS X, Windows and Linux.
– Single vendor solution – SAN server and data all in one box under a browser-based management GUI.
– 30-40% Power savings with at least 30-40% less required rackspace for additional servers, and switches.
– Scale Out performance with capacity by adding eight VTrak Ex30f series subsystem storage nodes. Total capacity is 4TB SAS HDD x 1,920 = 7.68 PB raw storage
– Single pane management software to manage the SAN server, storage nodes and clients means easy deployment and manageability in a fraction of the time of traditional storage solutions.
– Perfect Rebuild is available to reduce drive rebuild time. Advanced anti-fragmentation reduces latency and improves overall performance.
– Efficient and easy user management through LDAP Active Directory & Open Directory support, Access Control List (ACL).
– Grow to over 7 plus petabytes, always online and all without downtime.
– Single appliance offers up to 50% cost savings over current solutions.
– Optional NAS Clustered Gateway
PROMISE is showcasing the new VTrak A-Class at NAB 2013 in Las Vegas, Nevada from April 8 – 11 at booth #SL9324. NAB attendees can also see hands-on demonstrations of PROMISE’s complete range of storage solutions for creative professionals, including the SANLink Fibre Channel to Thunderbolt™ adapter and the complete line of Pegasus storage solutions with Thunderbolt technology.
PROMISE Technology’s VTrak A-Class will first be available in North America on April 29, through the network of PROMISE distributors and value added resellers.
Call us: 03332 409 306
Email us: comment@Jigsaw24.com