Matrox have released a free firmware update, Matrox 7.1, that promises to bring unified driver support to Media Composer, NewsCutter and Premiere Pro, as well as fixing bugs, firming up support for the latest versions of key NLEs and ushering in Beta support for anyone on Windows 8.
“The release of this new Matrox driver underscores our commitment to providing the support users need to get the most from their creative tools,” said the Matrox Video Products Group in its announcement. “You can now seamlessly choose the right application for each video production task from the full line of Avid and Adobe offerings.” Huzzah!
Matrox and Matrox Mojito MAX users get the following benefits:
- Unified driver support for Adobe and Avid editing applications.
- Support for Adobe CS6 6.0.3.
- Support for Avid Media Composer 6.0.3 and 6.5, Symphony 6.0.3 and 6.5, and NewsCutter 10.0.3 and 10.5.
- Support for recording voice-overs using Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Support for audio punch-in using Avid editing applications.
- WYSIWYG support for Adobe After Effects 11.0.2 and Photoshop 13.0.1, eyeon Fusion 6.4, and Autodesk 3ds Max 2013.
- Beta support for Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit) operating systems.
- Fixes and stability improvements.
Matrox CompressHD users get the slightly less impressive (but no less useful) combination of support for Adobe CS6 6.0.3, beta support for Windows 8 64-bit and fixes and stability improvements.