AJA Video Systems today announced Ki Pro Ultra Plus, introducing 1, 2, 3 or 4-Channel simultaneous HD recording up to 1080 50/60p, and full HDMI 2.0 (up to 12-bit capture and output) for 4K/UltraHD workflows.
The new Ki Pro Ultra Plus is ideal for recording multicam shoots in HD multi-channel mode, and 4K/UltraHD recording and playback in single channel mode. Ki Pro Ultra Plus is housed in a compact, easy to operate, standalone 2RU half rack and has broad I/O flexibility and connectivity options including 3G-SDI, HDMI 2.0 and optional fiber connections. Ki Pro Ultra Plus captures pristine 4K/UltraHD and HD video to widely accepted production codecs including Apple ProRes and Avid DNxHD MXF.
Four channels of HD can be recorded simultaneously as Apple ProRes files, each with different compression profiles as desired, to robust AJA Pak 1000 SSD media. Ki Pro Ultra Plus includes the proven Ki Protect technology, ensuring that in the event of power failure or inadvertent withdrawal of a Pak drive, recently recorded footage is always secure. All four channels can be displayed on Ki Pro Plus’ LCD screen as a quad-split during capture for confidence monitoring, as well as the ability to output the quad-split over HDMI, SDI, and even on the integrated browser based web UI during capture.
“What sets Ki Pro Ultra Plus apart is the combination of multi-channel HD recording, 4K recording and playback, full HDMI 2.0 support, a full featured web-based UI for control and configuration, and Ki Protect providing peace of mind on all productions” said Nick Rashby, President, AJA Video Systems. “Our Ki Pro family is one of our most popular product lines and this latest addition adds some of the most requested customer features.”
Ki Pro Ultra Plus Features:
– Flexible HD recording options: 1, 2, 3 or 4-Channel HD recording at up to 1080 60p with independent ProRes codec profile support for each channel.
– 4K/UltraHD/2K/HD recording to Apple ProRes or Avid DNxHD MXF.
– HDMI 2.0 support allows for full 4:2:2 and 4:4:4 capture and output at up to 4K/UltraHD 60fps.
– 12-bit support on input for Apple ProRes 4444 and ProRes 4444 XQ encoding and HDMI 2.0 input and output.
– Built-in Ki Protect ensures recordings aren’t lost in a power failure.
– Broad video connectivity including fiber cages, 3G-SDI, and HDMI 2.0.
– Multi-channel audio support via embedded SDI or HDMI, AES/EBU, and Analog.
– WebUI enables remote monitoring, control and deployment on the field or in the studio, via a standard web browser.
– Compact 2RU high, half rack width form factor.
– Records to reliable and rugged AJA Pak SSD media, with options for recording to eSATA.
– Includes AJA’s renowned three year international warranty.
Pricing and Availability
Ki Pro Ultra Plus is available to pre-order from Jigsaw24 now for £4290 ex VAT.
If you want to know more on the biggest and best NAB Show releases, give us a call on 03332 409 306 or email broadcast@Jigsaw24.com. For all the latest news, follow @WeAreJigsaw24 on Twitter, ‘Like’ us on Facebook or take a look at our roundup post.