If you’ve been putting off upgrading your Maxon CINEMA 4D R15 to the latest version, CINEMA 4D R18, we’ve got a couple of offers on that should help ease the transition. Until 31st March, you can upgrade and save up to 25% on Maxon’s 3D software.
Any CINEMA 4D R15 owners taking out a Maxon Service Agreement (MSA) is eligible for a massive 25% off the normal upgrade price when going for CINEMA 4D R18. But even if you don’t opt for an MSA, you can still get 15% off.
The MSA is an annual licensing agreement for CINEMA 4D users that makes the whole purchasing process much easier, especially for companies working with fixed budgets – no more surprises when planning next year’s expenses. All upgrades are automatically sent to MSA customers immediately upon release. In addition to the most up-to-date software version, MSA participants also receive an annual subscription to Maxon’s Cineversity portal for tutorials, templates and plug-ins.
What’s new in CINEMA 4D R18
Not already been convinced to upgrade to CINEMA 4D R18 from R15? Here are just a handful of reasons which may sway you:
– Voronoi fracture object – a native feature in the MoGraph toolset in Cinema 4D that works seamlessly with Dynamics. Allows users to tear down walls and create artistic procedural geometry using spline or polygon objects to define the fractured shape.
– Interactive knife tools – enable users to draw lines across a model and tweak the cut with an interactive preview, then lock in new edges or split based on the cut; knife tools are available as separate commands for easy access to the desired mode via shortcut or Commander.
– Object motion tracking – expanded tools for integrating your Cinema 4D creations into real-world footage, by replacing objects with your 3D designs.
– Shaders and surface effects – advanced rendering tools for creating iridescent surfaces such as bubbles and oil slicks, for capturing shadows for more efficient compositing, parallax mapping for enhanced bump effects, and creating masks for worn edges using inverse ambient occlusion.
– Substance engine integration – download compiled Allegorithmic Substances and utilise them to surface your Cinema 4D objects. This fully-integrated implementation offers outstanding workflow and flexibility, plus options to cache Substances on disk for better performance.