Hot on the heels of their acquisition of Nexidia’s Emmy award-winning dialogue and audio analysis tools, Avid have revealed that they’re bringing back ScriptSync and PhraseFind add-on options to Media Composer.
What’s new in ScriptSync?
ScriptSync version 2.0 will be available from February 2017, either as a new add-on to your Media Composer licence, or as an update for anyone who already owns a ScriptSync version 1.0 licence.
As with the previous version, ScriptSync version 2.0 indexes your media and links your clips to your imported script text, so you can select a line of script and instantly see the associated takes.
However, with the incorporation of Nexidia technology, version 2.0 will also include:
– An updated colour palette for richer markup.
– Native support for more frame formats, including 4×3 and 16×9.
– Undo and Redo stacks.
– User notes.
– Editable script text.
What’s new in PhraseFind?
Also available in February 2017, PhraseFind version 2.0 indexes your audio files, so you can search for media based on spoken words. Anyone with a still-active PhraseFind 1.0 licence can upgrade to PhraseFind 2.0, or it’s available as a full upgrade for anyone without a current licence.
New features in PhraseFind version 2.0 include:
– A reskinned Find window which matches the updated one in Media Composer.
– Autofill in the Search field.
– An improved, faster phonetic indexing engine.
– Support for additional languages and dialects.
– Support for shorter phoneme phrases (basically it listens better and returns more accurate results).
What are my licensing options?
There is no subscription option for these add-ons – they must be purchased outright. However, they are both available as a Floating Licence, in the same way that your Symphony and NewsCutter options are.
Education customers can purchase a discounted bundle that includes both add-ons – they are not available at discounted prices individually.
These latest versions will only work with Media Composer v8.8.