If you’ve been eyeing up a TriCaster or 3Play system for your gallery, it might interest you to know that NewTek have rejigged their education discounts. Instead of getting education-specific pricing, you now get free extras as standard with your hardware.
Rather than getting a chunk off the cost of your initial hardware, you’ll now get a choice of two complimentary education software add-ons, that allow you to extend the functionality of your kit at no extra cost.
Option one gives you two coupon codes for any virtual sets of your choice, so you can drop journalism students into a TV studio complete with background effects and picture in picture display.
Option two gives you a free download of NewTek NDI Telestrator, an on-screen annotation app that allows you to add graphics to and draw on live video, instant replays, still images or clips. NewTek’s addition to the screen annotation app canon is touchscreen-friendly and IP-ready. It gives you the ability to add standard graphics to an image, plus the ability to draw freehand over the top of your video stills. NDI Telestrator includes configurable paint and shape tools, colour and highlight options, and other standard visual elements.
The free versions of these add-ons are only available to accredited educational institutions, and you will need to provide qualifying educational institute documentation. You can claim one or the other add-on whenever you a buy a new TriCaster or 3Play unit.
Advanced Edition: The exception that proves the rule
While you may not be getting special pricing on your hardware anymore, you still get a massive discount on NewTek’s Advanced Edition software bundle, which is £999 for education customers as opposed to the usual £3800 sell (not a typo).
This is a fairly fantastic deal, as Advanced Edition offers many unique and additional features to TriCaster, with just a few of the highlights being:
– Enhanced streaming engine; enabling multiple streams to multiple platforms, simultaneously.
– Augmented reality keys/graphics, within virtual sets, making them appear as a 3D, integral part of the set.
– Undo/Redo functionality added.
– Support for Dante Audio networking.
– Audio output configuration.
– Data Link Integration to allow real time updating or graphics information.
– Control Surface button lock selection.
– Improved social media integration.
– Higher quality LiveSet rendering.