ZEISS is pleased to announce the latest addition to the Batis family of autofocus lenses with the launch of the new 2.8/18 lens.
Featuring a super wide-angle, the launch of the Batis 2.8/18 marks the expansion of ZEISS’ family of full-frame lenses for Sony α system E-Mount cameras. Sales of the new lens will commence on 2nd May 2016.
Batis 2.8/18 key features include:
– Diagonal angular field of 99 degrees, making it ideal for landscape, architechtural and astro photography, along with unique interior shots of small spaces.
– Currently the shortest autofocus full-frame lens with fixed focal length on the market.
– Impressive image quality across the entire image field.
– Innovative OLED display to show focus distance and depth of field.
– Optics based on the ZEISS Distagon optical design, featuring 11 lens elements in ten groups.
– The floating elements design allows for consistently high image performance in the focal plane – from the minimum object distance to infinity.
– Creative freedom with the option of manual or autofocus.
– Dust and weather sealed.
The Batis 2.8/18 can be pre-ordered now for £990 ex VAT. Stock will start shipping on 2nd May 2016.
Want to know more? For more on the latest NAB Show releases, give us a call on 03332 409 306 or email broadcast@Jigsaw24.com. For all the latest news, follow @WeAreJigsaw24 on Twitter or ‘Like’ us on Facebook.