Canon have unveiled the CN-E 18-80mm cine lens, a new Cinema EOS lens with cine-servo style functionality. Designed for professional and advanced amateur videographers using large format, single sensor cameras, the lens strengthens Canon’s line of cine-servo lenses, following in the footsteps of the CN7x17 and CN20x50. The latest addition offers the perfect balance of operability with outstanding precision and quality, giving videographers the power to capture exceptional images.
Available out-of-the-box, the lens includes a servo engine which is powered via EF mount connectors, supporting hand-held shooting. For increased versatility, Canon is launching the ZSG-C10, an optional dedicated zoom grip, ideal for use with hand-held rigs.
– High optical resolving power and optomechanical design to meet all 4K shooting requirements.
– Canon EF mount compatibility provides support for fast and accurate Dual Pixel CMOS auto focus, camera-to-lens servo power supply, automatic lens metadata acquisition for easy post-processing, and lens functions such as peripheral illumination correction.
– The 18-80mm focal length equates to 4.4x zoom ratio with table T4.4 number maintained across the entire zoom range.
– 3 modes of image stabilisation for crisp, clear video.
– Includes 9 blade diaphragm, to give the much loved ‘bokeh’ look.
– Weighs a drone-friendly 1.2kg.
– Features minimal focus breathing, thanks to the 3-group inner focus system, meaning less distortion and more consistent shooting.
– Optional Canon ZSG-C10 remote zoom grip (sold separately) offers fluid zoom control, a dedicated one-shot AF button, and the flexibility to use handheld, shoulder-mounted or with a tripod.
– DC and USM motors for fast, fluid and quiet servo zoom and focus control.
Pricing and availability
The CN-E 18-80mm is slated for release in late 2016 and can be pre-ordered from Jigsaw24.
Want to know more? For more on the latest NAB Show releases, give us a call on 03332 409 306 or email broadcast@Jigsaw24.com. For all the latest news, follow @WeAreJigsaw24 on Twitter or ‘Like’ us on Facebook.