We’ve been to our first Retail Business Technology Expo! We were exhibiting with physical security vendors TabLatch – we do the iPad and app, they make sure no one can nick it from your POS display with solutions like docking stations and table mounts. Along with their solutions, we were showing off our RetailEngage24 platform, which is designed to help sales assistants have more informed conversations with customers and streamline internal training. Plus, device management legends JAMF Software were on hand to help out with unruly devices.
What happened at RTBE…
Our retail team were on the ground for the combined Retail Business Technology Expo, Retail Digital Signage Expo and Retail Design Expo. We were over at the RBTE end, promoting our new RetailEngage24 platform. This is a dual purpose app that arms your sales assistants with the same information the public has.
What is RetailEngage24?
When a customer hits your sales assistant with a question, they can use the customer-facing side of the app to drill down into product information, pull reviews of products from the website, show the customer digital assets that may have originally been delivered on web or social channels and access information such as stock levels.
When the customer’s away, staff can… not play, exactly, but use the colleague side of the app to view and complete training materials, monitor the company’s internal news feeds and social media accounts, record sales tips and share them with colleagues via the app and more.
Our app development team are rightly proud of their work, and we encourage you to get in touch with them at appdevelopment@Jigsaw24.com to find out more about how they can modify RetailEngage24 to suit your organisation.
What else were we up to?
Of course, it wasn’t all about the one app. TabLatch and the retail team were there to promote their new eight step plan for implementing iPad in store. Together, we can cover:
1. iPad devices. Prior to delivery, we’ll enrol your devices in Apple’s DEP, so when you come to turn it on, it will auto-enrol in your MDM solution, with all the apps and settings you need to get up and running right out of the box.
2. Retail apps. Our RetailEngage24 app is an interactive catalogue and integrated learning and development platform, designed to support sales advisors in their engagement with customers, increasing sales conversion through informed conversation.
3. App development. Need a bespoke app? We’ve developed various apps for retail and other businesses, supporting sales assistant conversations, staff development, access to live product info/stock/pricing, quoting tools, integration with beacons, CRM, ERP, PIM, ePOS systems and more, right through to solving logistics issues and reducing costs associated to paper-based workflows.
4. TabLatch security. Passcode-lockable physical security to dock, charge and secure iPad. Authorised members of staff can release the iPad from the dock with a PIN code, so it can be used as both a kiosk tool and a hand to hand sales assistant tool.
5. TabLatch unique benefits. An app and portal included in the price of the unit, whereby administrators can view which members of staff are using the device most, and the potential ROI based on usage of the device when released from the dock with PIN. This adds an additional level of security, as you always know who used the device last.
6. Mobile device management. We provide a hosted, fully managed mobile device management service for some of the UK’s largest businesses. Using JAMF Software’s Casper Suite, we help you control device settings, permissions, applications and managed iOS updates.
7. Deployment. Large-scale device rollout, including integration and training. We can handle rollouts from one to 15,000+ devices for customers nationwide, all integrated into your necessary systems. We’ll even provide onsite training and helpdesks during rollouts to get your staff up to speed.
8. Tech support. Our bespoke support contracts can be tailored to your requirements and in-house capabilities, including advance replacements for key components. They can cover: phone, email, remote and onsite support; SLAs; guaranteed response and break-fix times; emergency replacements and regular ‘health checks’ to spot problems before they arise.
What else was there?
As exciting as we are, we weren’t allowed to take over the entire expo (we’re as disappointed as you). Highlights include some great discussion about alternative payment methods and Apple Pay, led by Barclaycard and MasterCard; Vensecure’s vending machine-style dispensers for high-risk items; some particularly snazzy-looking holographic trainers and Brumark’s particularly wooden-looking magnetic floors.