Sony have announced that the FS7, F5 and F55 will all be getting firmware updates in January 2016. Although the updates were originally promised slightly sooner, Sony say they’ve been holding them back in order to improve S&Q RAW recording with an external RAW recorder.
The updates – officially titled PXW-FS7 Version 3.0 and PMW-F5/55 Version 7.0 – will be available free of charge “within January 2016″.
Key features of PXW-FS7 Version 3.0 include:
– Support for adjusting the Focus Magnification area position.
– Support for “2K Full”, “2K Center” setting in Image Scan Mode.
– Support for Interval Recording function.
– Support for Noise Suppression setting in Cine EI mode.
– Expand lowest value of Zebra level to 0%.
– RAW image quality improvement at 240/200fps HFR shooting.
Key features of the PMW-F5/55 Version 7.0 include:
– Quick Menu for fast access via Subdisplay (Option Button).
– ITU-R BT.2020 Support in Custom Mode (F55 only).
– MPEG2 50Mbps (50i/ 59.94i) Proxy recording while XAVC 4K/QFHD (50p/59.94p) recording (F5 needs to have the CBKZ-55FX licence installed).
– Simultaneous recording to the same SxS Pro+ card of MPEG2 50Mbps 4:2:2 and 10 bit 4:2:2 4K XAVC in either 3840 x 2160 or 4096 x 2160. The files will have matching Timecode and file naming.