JBL Professional has a long standing reputation for being the industry standard monitor for cinema sound surround installations. Look behind the screens at any major film or TV dubbing facility and you’re likely to find a JBL. The company has now brought this unrivalled reputation to smaller scale installations with the new JBL LSR 7 Series Master Reference Monitors, and boy do they look and sound good!
Here’s the press release from JBL…
The first in JBL’s new 7 Series line, the 705i and 708i models answer the call for next generation multi-channel monitoring in post-production suites, professional music studios, broadcast facilities and OB trucks. Leveraging patented technologies developed for the flagship M2 Master Reference Monitor, 7 series studio monitors deliver detailed imaging, extended frequency response and remarkable output from compact enclosures. Centrally amplified and tuned, and easily installed, 705i and 708i studio monitors are the heart of an elegant, scalable system for broadcast and post facilities working in next generation, immersive audio formats.
Next generation systems for post and broadcast production in control rooms and trucks
– Modular and scalable for number of channels and room size.
– 7 Series Monitors and the JBL M2 Master Reference Monitor can be combined to produce a wide range of systems.
– Compact enclosures and mounting hardware allow versatile mounting options and unobstructed sight lines.
– Centralised amplification and processing eliminates the requirement for a power source at each speaker location.
– BSS BLU link Networked Audio for ease of interface and reduced system noise.
– Harman HiQnet equipped components can be centrally controlled via hardware, software or wireless tablet.
JBL removed all but the essential components from the speaker. The system leverages the superb performance and high density of eight channel Crown CT8150 and DCi8300N amps to:
– Reduce speaker system size and weight.
– Eliminate the need to provide electric power at each speaker location.
– Reduce system complexity. Blue link networked audio in the DCi N amps simplifies installation and reduces opportunity for system noise.
– LSR705i and LSR708i Dividing Network can be bypassed for bi-amplified operation.
Signal processing and control
– Speakers are centrally processed using BSS Soundweb London signal processors.
– The BSS London allows perfectly matched tunings for the LSR708i and LSR705i models.
– Available room tuning filters provide a more consistent listening experience in a range of post production and broadcast rooms.
– Inputs to the system can be analog or digital.
– Session functions such as level, individual speaker solo, fold down and more can be centrally controlled via BSS hardware, Audio Architect Software, or tablet via a wireless router.
Want to find out more about the JBL 7 series? Good news, we’ve just installed them in our Soho centre! Contact audio@Jigsaw24.com to find out how you can demo our new kit. For all the latest news, follow @Jigsaw24Audio on Twitter or ‘Like’ us on Facebook.