“Melbourne, Australia – 17th June 2015: Harnessing the latest recorder, monitor and playback technology with class leading Atomos usability and affordability, the Shogun Studio reinvents what is capable within a 3RU rack product.”
The world’s first all-in-one 4K/HD, 2ch, dual 7″ 3RU rack recorder, monitor and playback deck, designed from the ground up with the rack environment in mind, the Shogun Studio has an extensive recorder, monitor and playback deck feature set, making it perfect for the live event, studio, on-set and broadcast environment.
“Combining recording, playback and monitoring with tremendous ease of use, it unleashes powerful and unique feature combinations never seen before in a 3RU dual channel product,” says Jeromy Young, CEO and co-founder of Atomos. “Customers will not believe the time, cost and space savings the Shogun Studio offers for event, broadcast and pro AV professionals, allowing fast migration to 4K and seamless integration to legacy HD infrastructure.”
At its core, Shogun Studio delivers:
– A future-proof path to 4K and 1080p60, recording to popular professional codecs like Apple ProRes, Avid DNxHR and Cinema DNG all in 10-bit 4:2:2 quality.
– Utilise the two channels for dual codec, dual resolution recording. Record simultaneously (4K ProRes on one channel, 2K/HD DNxHD on the other) or convert or duplicate files (create a 4K ProRes version of a 4K DNxHR file).
– Powerful scheduled playback and record via Ethernet, Serial and On-screen. The combination of playlist generation and dual channel playout in 4K or down-scaled HD can be used to schedule synchronised play out for video walls, signage, projection or broadcast.
– Class leading monitors and test measurement for perfect 4K viewing and setup. The 7″ 325ppi monitor offers an array of scopes, 3D LUTs, 2:1/1:1 zoom, 179 degree viewing area, safe area grid lines and can be calibrated using the optional Spyder unit.
– Powerful and intuitive Atomos offers one touch simplicity for any operator.
– The Atomos Master Caddy for reliable, affordable open standard media – the new digital tape.
– Built in continuous HDMI and SDI down-conversion and down-scaling from 4K to 2K/HD to any infrastructure.
– Dual redundant power supplies, for mission critical reliability.
The complete set of specifications combined, leads to unique advantages for each of the Shogun Studio’s intended environments.
For pro AV integrators, the play list functionality and control via RS422, Ethernet or on screen, offers an affordable 4K and HD playout engine for video walls, signage and projection.
For event professionals, Shogun Studio solves many of the problems faced by multi-camera events with long run times. Master Caddy delivers affordable and reliable media while features like time lapse, pre-roll cache and 4K/HD simultaneous recording make this the perfect choice for event professionals.
In mobile production, the tight squeeze on rack space and rising recording resolutions mean that Shogun Studio will be welcomed for the ability to record, monitor, test, measure, convert and play out from a single 3RU device integrating two channels of record and playback with dual 7″ monitors.
For on-set and DIT carts, Shogun Studio offers the fastest path from acquisition to editing by recording direct to 10-bit 422 ProRes, DNxHR or RAW all housed within a world class monitor with test measurement for the highest quality 4K/2K/HD viewing and setup.
For security applications, a wide angle lens on a 4K camera can mean a single camera replaces the equivalent of four HD cameras. The Studio Shogun, with its long record time, time lapse, record scheduling and monitor zoom capability makes it perfect for 4K security applications.
Like what you see? You can pre-order the Atomos Shogun Studio over on our website now for £2595 (£3114 inc VAT).
Want to find out more about the Atomos Shogun Studio? Drop us a call on 03332 409 306 or email broadcast@Jigsaw24.com. For all the latest news and reviews follow @Jigsaw24Video on Twitter or ‘Like’ us on Facebook.