In case you missed the team’s excited tweets, NewTek have unveiled a cracking new software update at NAB 2015, including more than 60 new features designed to “elevate TriCaster productions to new heights without additional equipment purchases”. Here’s the official word…
LAS VEGAS, NAB BOOTH SL3312, April 12, 2015––NewTek™ today introduced TriCaster™ Advanced Edition, an option available for TriCaster Mini through TriCaster 8000, capable of elevating productions to new heights of connectivity, creativity, and efficiency. More than 60 new major capabilities and enhancements in TriCaster Advanced Edition help multiply audiences, streamline repetitive tasks, and make productions more riveting in an ever-more-connected world.
Automated real-time data-driven graphics, new IP workflows, advanced automation, multi-platform streaming, social and web publishing, terrific in-show replay features, enhanced multimedia mixing, sophisticated production elements and more will transform everyday productions into state-of-the-art viewing, in addition to the incredible functionality already provided by TriCaster. With TriCaster Advanced Edition, producers can create more masterful multi-camera video programming without needing to invest in multiple devices or additional systems.
NewTek will be demonstrating TriCaster Advanced Edition at NAB booth #SL3312 from April 13-16.
“Any TriCaster is an extremely powerful, innovative, and cost-effective tool for creative producers,” said Dr. Andrew Cross, president and CTO of NewTek. “With the introduction of TriCaster Advanced Edition, we have taken things to a whole new level for those who need to simplify or automate complex workflows, design innovative outside-the-box solutions to creative problems, or who just demand the very best of the best.”
TriCaster Advanced Edition: powerful features for current TriCaster models
As the expectations and demands of audiences and sponsors alike rise, producers want to increase both the competitive and creative advantages they offer. Raising the bar in their productions would normally require considerably more expense, space, and often additional crew. TriCaster Advanced Edition brings the same production benefits, without the extra overhead. TriCaster Advanced Edition software adds these breakthrough capabilities and more:
– Automated data-driven graphics. Easily convert raw data and meta-data from both internal and external sources effortlessly and accurately into production-ready graphics in real-time using DataLink. Retrieve and update sports stats, election results, weather updates, social media feeds, sales reports, etc., automatically or on-demand.
– Multiple live streams & IP workflows. Live stream to multiple platforms and services simultaneously with higher-quality video. Direct integration with Microsoft Azure, YouTube Live, Twitch and more. Supports fully integrated audio through Dante Virtual Soundcard networking from Audinate on every audio input • Display tally information from connected systems. Access production resources directly from a web-browser on almost any platform.
– Sophisticated multimedia mixing. Add transitions with embedded full colour overlays and sound between playlist media, and combine real-time, slow-mo, and fast-mo with per-clip playback speed settings. Transition backward and forward in the playlist for presentations with ease. Faster, easier, real-time clip editing right in the DDR, including active recordings. Advanced audio integration and improved and fine-tuned sound mixing, external audio integration, precise audio levels, and monitoring.
– Boundless creative expression. Add dimension to virtual set scenes with Augmented Reality options for KEY layers. Design and add elegant borders and shadows to make bordered, editable overlays, backgrounds, and custom multi-box effects. Full motion pre-visualization tools provide animated transition and effect previews before they are taken live Smart Studio Tools. Intelligent M/Es automatically configure themselves for Mix or Effect operations. Optionally enable automatic adjustments to input color characteristics, matching to a specific camera or approximating the settings of all incoming signals. A new Blue Only option complements integrated scopes and extensive proc amp features. SDI Auto-Detect eliminates the need to configure connections. Automatically update switcher input names to router input names
– In-show replay. Capture and replay highlights with on-screen controls and fully configurable replay settings, including colorful custom in and out wipes with sound effects.
– Custom, automated control. Create and store elaborate or simple sequences triggered by a sound level, media playback state, or any switcher action. Pause macros: trigger a macro sequence, stop on command, then resume when manually cued Ultra-Connected Publishing. Publish media to multiple user accounts on the same social network simultaneously. Publish content to the world’s largest professional network.
– Enhanced image processing including LiveSet rendering and scaling. TransWarp 2 allows warping and transformations for incoming and outgoing video scenes.
– Flexible, intuitive workflows. Custom configured settings, calibrations and selections make setup far more precise and standardized to individual way of working.
TriCaster Advanced Edition is available now as a one-time purchase at $1,495 USMSRP. TriCaster Advanced Edition is compatible with TriCaster 8000, TriCaster 860, TriCaster 460, TriCaster 410 and TriCaster Mini. International pricing will vary. (We’ve also been told that for a limited time, new TriCaster 8000 purchases will automatically include Advanced Edition software, but we don’t know when that limited time is.)