“Crisp ultra high definition (UHD) resolution and incredible, predictable colour accuracy.” That’s how NEC are trumpeting their brand new MultiSync PA322UHD display – something that’s sure to get creatives across the photography, imaging and video industries drooling.
NEC’s new display, shipping in December, delivers four times the typical Full HD resolution, packing in 140 pixels per inch (PPI) at native resolution. This enables it to display images with amazing clarity and sharpness, as well as provide a huge amount of desktop real estate to play with.
Where it really stands out though is with its colour fidelity – it uses a wide gamut white LED backlight and an IGZO technology IPS-type LCD panel for excellent image quality, while delivering 99.2% Adobe RGB colour space coverage – all with lower power consumption than comparable LCD displays.
Another reason you have such high accuracy is the 10-bit colour support over DisplayPort and HDMI inputs. When matched with a 10-bit operating system and video card, you get an extra two bits of colour data through the display, extending the typical 16.7 million colours to over 1 trillion, improving gradients and reducing image banding. That makes it an ideal option for anyone who needs the best colour accuracy for their work, such as videographers, photographers and print production specialists, NEC say.
Other benefits include:
– Support for a multitude of refresh rates, including 24, 30, 50, 60, 85, 100 and 120Hz modes.
– USB 3.0 hub (two up, three down) with DisplaySync Pro, which is a high resolution KVM switch that can control two computers with only one keyboard and mouse.
– Two DisplayPort inputs, and the options of two DVI-D and two HDMI, or four HDMI inputs, as well as an OPS-compliant option slot for additional input flexibility.
– Ergonomic stand that’s ideal for both landscape and portrait modes, with automatic rotation of the image when the display is rotated.
– Colour and white Digital Uniformity Correction with 93% more correction points than previous MultiSync PA Series displays.
– ‘Picture in Picture’ and ‘Picture by Picture’ modes, which splits the screen in half or in quarters to up to four full HD images in one or more multiple colour spaces in realtime.
– Two internal 2W speakers for great multimedia sound.
First shipments for the PA322UHD display are expected to take place in December 2014.
Want to know more about getting your hands on the NEC PA322UHD, or more on colour accurate displays? Get in touch now on 03332 409 306 or email displays@Jigsaw24.com. For all the latest news and reviews, follow @WeAreJigsaw24 on Twitter or ‘Like’ us on Facebook.