To empower broadcast customers with productivity and performance for exceptional 4K workflows, AMD is showcasing new AMD FirePro W-series professional graphics alongside hardware and software industry leaders Adobe, AJA, ASSIMILATE, Autodesk, Blackmagic Design, Dell, FUJITSU, HP, SuperMicro, RealVNC, and The Foundry with hands-on demonstrations at IBC 2014.
“Broadcast workstations featuring AMD professional graphics benefit from increased GPU memory sizes, superior multi-display 4K capabilities, driver quality and certified ISV applications, enabling users to simply do more, faster,” said David Cummings, senior director and general manager, Professional Graphics at AMD “AMD continues to collaborate with industry leading hardware and software companies to provide broadcast professionals with better tools to deliver high-quality content and results in 4K and beyond.”
“ASSIMILATE’s SCRATCH software is leading the way for 4K production dailies and digital intermediate workflows for feature films, TV shows and commercials,” said Steve Bannerman, VP of Marketing for ASSIMILATE. “SCRATCH outperforms by fully exploiting the power of GPU technology, such as with AMD FirePro Graphics. The new AMD FirePro W8100 card featured in the Dell Precision T7810 system really raises the game for SCRATCH artists, delivering real-time 4K performance — even with the most complex color-grades and comps applied. This level of price-performance is what our artists demand, and the AMD plus Dell combination really delivers.”
“Our VNC remote access software is being integrated into a wide range of products in virtually every industry sector, and we are delighted that the AMD RapidFire SDK is now also featuring the technology following our collaboration with AMD,” said Richard Pickul, Strategic Alliances Manager of RealVNC. “By integrating VNC with AMD RapidFire SDK we’re providing users with the ability to connect to these high-end computers, maintaining the same great performance, from another computer or mobile device. Anyone visiting IBC 2014 will able to view this new technology on the AMD stand.”
At the AMD stand at IBC 2014, attendees will have the opportunity to experience a range of workflow demonstrations powered by AMD FirePro professional graphics, including:
– New and enhanced features for Adobe Creative Cloud video workflows using Adobe Premiere Pro CC, Adobe SpeedGrade CC, and Adobe Media Encoder CC on AMD FirePro professional graphics with OpenCL accelerated 4K video editing, compositing and effects.
– The Foundry’s open beta of the NUKE 9 range which includes NUKE STUDIO, NUKE and NUKEX. The new range introduces support for the Apple Mac Pro and the AMD FirePro D series cards.
– Assimilate Scratch technical demonstration of raw file video processing, editing, compositing and color correction.
– Autodesk demonstration featuring Autodesk Maya with Bullet Physics and 3ds Max combined with a Fujitsu Celsius R930 Workstation.
– AJA demonstration of DirectGMA supporting SDI video stream video directly to and from AMD FirePro graphics.
– Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve demonstration of real-time video post-processing effects previews and color correction.
– RealVNC demonstration of secure high-end VDI that uses H264 and AMD FirePro GPUs to offer fast real-time remote access and control.
– Dell Precision Workstation family that delivers outstanding performance and stability while giving creative designers and professionals a reliable platform for demanding ISV applications.
– HP Z Workstations featuring power, performance, and reliability for complex post-processing effects on a feature film, or texturing TV animations.
– Fujitsu Celsius R930 workstations featuring AMD FirePro W9100 graphics cards that deliver unparalleled usability, outstanding performance and expandability to scale to the level of performance required by workstation users.
The new AMD FirePro W-series professional cards along with industry hardware and software companies will be on display at IBC 2014 at the RAI Centre, Amsterdam at AMD Booth 7.H35.
Want to know more? Give us a call on 03332 409 306 or email broadcast@Jigsaw24.com. For all the latest IBC news, follow @WeAreJigsaw24 on Twitter or ‘Like’ us on Facebook or keep an eye on our roundup post.