At IBC 2014, Avid reveals new platform solutions and services that uniquely address the most strategic challenges of broadcast, pro video, and pro audio professionals.
Avid today announced a series of significant product and services innovations delivering the next phase of Avid Everywhere, the company’s strategic vision for the media and entertainment industry, centered on connecting creative professionals and media organizations with their audiences in more powerful, efficient, collaborative, and profitable ways. The company introduced new innovations to the Avid MediaCentral Platform and its associated modular application suites.
“With so much change and pressure facing the media industry, Avid has stepped forward to provide much-needed leadership for our customers and the entire media community,” stated Avid President and CEO Louis Hernandez, Jr. “The initial phases of the platform and application suites we announced in April as part of Avid Everywhere are now available in the market. Customers and partners worldwide are gaining the benefits of the industry’s most flexible, open, and integrated ecosystem—all the way from content creation to distribution and monetisation. And now we’re announcing the next phase of this journey, with a major new services initiative and MediaCentral Platform innovations that will help our customers and partners position themselves for continued success, both now and into the future.”
The Avid Advantage–Raising the bar for service in the media industry
Citing the importance of raising expectations for service, education, and customer collaboration across the industry, Avid announced “The Avid Advantage,” a major all-encompassing service and delivery initiative. With The Avid Advantage, the company is rolling out a host of expanded and flexible services, support, and education programs to help customers maximize and accelerate the return on their investment with complete flexibility.
MediaCentral Platform innovations
Since Avid launched the Avid MediaCentral Platform at NAB in April this year, the company has continued innovating, with the rollout of new tools and partner integrations that extend capabilities across news production, media asset management, graphics, audio, and video production.
Today’s platform innovation announcements include:
– Avid Resolution Independence Avid is introducing a completely fluid architecture for working with material of any resolution – SD, HD, 4K and beyond – on premises, in the cloud, across the entire workflow.
– Avid Connectivity Toolkit The next phase of this comprehensive third-party developer program, first announced at NAB 2014, now gives partners access to the resources, documentation, certification, and services they need to create products and solutions that integrate with the Avid MediaCentral Platform ecosystem and sell them in the Avid Marketplace.
Artist Suite Innovations
– Expanded high-res editing and delivery The next release of Media Composer | Software will include native 4K editing, enabling editors to simply and easily access, manage, edit, monitor, and deliver high-res media.
– Resolution flexibility Avid introduces the Avid DNxHR extensible media codec.
– Powerful live show mixing and editing Avid introduces the new Avid VENUE | S3L-X compact live sound system, providing unprecedented versatility, reliability and value for stage, studio and beyond.
– Portable, high-performance music creation Avid introduces the new Pro Tools | Duet and Pro Tools | Quartet, combining industry-leading Avid Pro Tools | Software with portable audio interface hardware from Apogee.
Media Suite Innovations
– Expanded content search across multiple systems: with Media | Index support for iNEWS
– Avid will preview the new Avid MediaCentral Platform-enabled capabilities coming to Interplay | MAM in the future – giving teams the power and flexibility to access media and work on projects from practically any device, everywhere.
Storage Suite Innovations
– Accelerated broadcast workflows The new Avid AirSpeed | 5500 helps customers ingest and play out multiple media formats without having to invest in costly converters, now with support for Sony XAVC.
Want to know more? Give us a call on 03332 409 306 or email broadcast@Jigsaw24.com. For all the latest IBC news, follow @WeAreJigsaw24 on Twitter or ‘Like’ us on Facebook or keep an eye on our roundup post.