Got the latest firmware for your Canon C300 camcorder? Canon have realised they pushed the button a bit early with their 13th November update, v.184.108.40.206.00, which included incorrect colour balance. But all has now been rectified, with the release of v.220.127.116.11.00.
As well as fixing the colour balance discrepancy, the new firmware brings a huge list of updates to your EOS C300 Cinema EOS Camera and EOS C300 PL Cinema EOS Camera, with new shooting enhancements including ISO up to 80,000, on-set support, and support for Cinema and EF lenses too. You can download the snappily-titled v.18.104.22.168.00 firmware update from Canon’s site here. Alternatively, if you’re rocking a C100, you can find out more about the latest firmware for that here.
– Ability to move the magnification viewing area around the LCD using the MAGN Function.
– Support for a 1440×1080/35Mbps recording mode.
– ISO up to 80,000 has been added.
– Added functionality to support the optional Canon GPS Receiver GP-E1.
– A Key Lock menu setting has been added which now makes it possible to lock all operations, including the START/STOP button.
– Using the optional Canon WFT-E6 Wireless File Transmitter, the camera’s remote-control application allows two users to access the same unit via a Wi-Fi link providing simultaneous camera operation and control, and metadata input simultaneously.
– [Lens Exchange] and [ND+]/[ND-] have been added as functions that can be allocated to any assignable button.
– A new Wide DR Gamma setting provides an expanded dynamic range of 800%.
– Flicker Reduction has been improved (EOS C300 Cinema EOS Camera only).
– Push Auto Iris and One-Shot AF operation.
– A new AE Shift function and the selection of various light-metering modes are now available when used with some Canon Cinema lenses (EF mount) and Canon EF Lenses.
– Ability to assign the two control dials to operate either Iris or ISO sensitivity independently.
– Peripheral Illumination Correction Data has been added for seven Canon Cinema lenses (EF mount) and 15 Canon EF Lenses.
– A function has been added to enable continuous focus and iris setting on a subject in the middle of the screen when one of the two EF STM lenses (EF-S18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM, EF-S18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM) is attached.
Want to know more about the Canon EOS C300 camcorder? Give us a call on 03332 409 306 or email broadcast@Jigsaw24.com. For all the latest news and how-tos, follow @Jigsaw24Video on Twitter or ‘Like’ us on Facebook.