Hot on the heels of news of a paid upgrade for the C100, Canon have now announced brand new and completely free C100 firmware. The update gives your Canon C100 camcorder a whole host of super added features, including new magnification functionality and ISO up to 80,000.
You also get a new Key Lock Menu setting, Peripheral Illumination Correction Data for Canon lenses, better camera menu controls and improved focus and aperture functions. The firmware update (version 188.8.131.52.00, for anyone counting) is free, and can be downloaded now from Canon’s website, where you’ll also find the lowdown on preparing your camera for a firmware update.
Here’s the full list of new features:
1. Ability to move the magnification viewing area around the LCD using the MAGN Function.
2. ISO up to 80,000 has been added.
3. A Key Lock menu setting has been added which now makes it possible to lock all operations, including the START/STOP button.
4. Peripheral Illumination Correction Data has been added for seven Canon Cinema lenses (EF mount) and eleven Canon EF Lenses.
5. Internal camera menus are now controllable from buttons on the camera body. Previously, they were only controllable from the joystick grip unit.
6. In addition to the [EF-S18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM], the function to enable continuous focusing and correct aperture on a subject in the middle of the screen when one of the two EF STM lenses is attached, has been extended to include the [EF-S18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM] lens.
[UPDATE, 28/11/2013] – Continuous Auto Focus/Auto Iris
Need to get your hands on Canon’s C100?
You’re in luck, friend. We’re currently offering a huge £100 off the Canon C100 camcorder, plus a free battery and charger kit. All you have to do to get this brilliant discount is enter promo code ‘SAVE100C100′ when you head to our shop to order your Canon C100 camcorder.