Since Apple released the latest version of Final Cut Pro X – 10.0.4 – earlier this week, manufacturers have been quick to show they’re in the FCP X gang by announcing compatibility updates. Third-party devices from AJA and Matrox are already on board, and with more to follow we’ve drafted up a quick compatibility guide so you can see what updates you need.
If you don’t already have the FCP X 10.0.4, it might not have the attention-grabbing new multicam editing and file relinking features that the recent 10.0.3 update brought, but it’s still essential downloading. 10.0.4 improves image quality and responsiveness of broadcast monitoring with compatible third-party PCIe and Thunderbolt I/O devices (more on those below), improves multicam syncing and editing, as well as adding a Share option for 1080p video on compatible iOS devices.
Here’s our list of devices that are fully compatible with 10.0.4:
The new AJA v10.3 firmware upgrade brings improved FCP X support for the AJA KONA, Io XT and Io Express capture cards and interfaces. The update includes improved support for Broadcast Monitoring in FCPX 10.0.4, as well as 16-channel embedded audio with the Io XT. Other enhancements and resolved issues include:
- KONA 3G. Added Control Panel > Firmware tab support for 4K Mode setting.
- KONA LHe Plus. Resolved an issue where the Default Video Output selected would not be maintained after a computer reboot.
- Io XT. Addressed an issue where not all of the Dual Link capabilities and settings were presented in the Control Panel application.
- All KONA and Io. Resolved an issue where the input video format/frame rate wasn’t always auto-detected accurately for some video formats/frame rates. Addressed an issue where audio was sometimes not captured when using Final Cut Pro 7 and Log and Capture.
The AJA v10.3 update is available to download from the AJA Support site.
A new 3.0.1 update is also now available that provides compatibility with Final Cut Pro X 10.0.4 for Matrox MXO2 I/O devices and the Matrox Mojito MAX card. These are the biggest enhancements for FCP X editors using Matrox devices:
- Broadcast monitoring in Final Cut Pro X 10.0.4 allows video and audio output to a variety of external monitors and other equipment using the SDI, HDMI, or analog video outputs from Matrox products.
- 10-bit hardware scaling.
- HD monitoring with theMatrox HDMI Calibration Utility.
- 5.1 and 7.1 surround sound monitoring using professional connections.
You can get the 3.0.1 update from the Matrox User Forum.
As soon as we hear of more devices confirming compatibility for FCP X 10.0.4, we’ll add them to the list above. In the meantime, get in touch on 03332 409 306 or email broadcast@Jigsaw24.com.