Adobe’s high-flying new Creative Cloud for teams is finally here! We’ve been looking forward to getting to grips with Creative Cloud for teams for months now, and with Adobe pushing the big red button this morning, we can finally share the juicy details. But first, a quick recap…
What is Creative Cloud?
Creative Cloud is Adobe’s online workspace for creatives. You can download the most up to date versions of all the key Creative Suite apps to your desktop – including Premiere Pro, Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator – save projects in cloud storage, share them with clients to speed up approvals (even if they don’t have Creative Suite themselves) and even sync content between your desktop computer, laptop, tablet and smartphone, so you’re never caught without the most up to date versions of your work.
How is Creative Cloud for teams different?
The clue is in the name. While Creative Cloud for individuals was aimed at lone wolves, Creative Cloud for teams has obviously been designed from the ground up with workgroups in mind.
– If someone in your agency buys an individual Creative Cloud licence, it’s assigned to them and if they leave the company, it goes with them. If you buy a Creative Cloud for teams licence it belongs to the company, and you can add, remove and re-assign team members as needed.
– Creative Cloud also allows for centralised billing and software management, whereas anyone buying an individual licence has to fork out on the spot, using their credit card, which isn’t great if you want to manage all your company accounts from one place.
What are Creative Cloud for teams’ best features?
The ones we reckon make it worth the dosh include:
– The ability to create and manage virtual workgroups, so if different team members are working on different projects, they have their own workspace.
– 100GB of cloud storage per user (compared to 20GB per user with Creative Cloud for individuals).
– Access to additional applications Business Catalyst, Typekit and Adobe’s Digital Publishing Suite, meaning you can create and deploy web pages and smartphone or tablet apps without having to touch a line of code.
– Simultaneous access to resources for users working on the same project.
– Gold technical support from Adobe, including two major support instances a year (‘Can you completely retrain this new user for me?’ for example) alongside your general email and phone support.
[EDIT: Take a look at the following video for a brief introduction to Creative Cloud. In it, Adobe run you through the Apps & Services and the Files pages.]
What’s the Value Incentive Plan?
The Value Incentive Plan (VIP) is Adobe’s new membership-based subscription programme for Creative Cloud for teams. It lets you purchase, manage, and assign permission to use Adobe software and services to users through a really simple, easy to use portal.
VIP uses a simple enrolment process to initiate your Creative Cloud membership (basically, your Jigsaw24 contact sets up a VIP portal and invites you in, but instead of caviar and champagne you get Creative Suite 6 and web hosting services). Your team then deploy the software as needed, and you can monitor who’s got access to what. Becoming a VIP member also lets you keep track of all your Cloud members in a single agreement with a single renew date, even if you add extra seats part way through the year, so you never lose track of what needs renewing.
How much will this set me back?
You pay an annual subscription fee for whatever version of Creative Cloud you use and, though you do have to pay for it all at once, a Creative Cloud for teams subscription usually costs the equivalent of £53 per group member per month – not bad when you consider that you’re essentially getting access to every application Adobe produce – but there’s a special introductory offer that means you can currently pick it up for the equivalent of £38 per member per month.
Want more on Creative Cloud for teams?
We’re more than happy to oblige. We’re running a free webinar with Adobe to guide you through the ins and outs of Adobe Creative Cloud for teams on Thursday 11th July, from 12:30pm – 13:30pm. Sign up for the exclusive webinar here!
Our designers have rounded up the new features that have got them in a tizzy here. For more info, give us a call on 03332 409 306 or email Adobe@Jigsaw24.com. Check out our dedicated Adobe Creative Cloud for teams page here or click on the image below.