iOS is packed with a set of amazing features designed for education. This includes some incredibly powerful tools for supporting learners and teachers in the classroom using iPad.
A big one for us is the Classrooom app. This is a dedicated tool which acts as a teaching assistant, helping teachers guide students through lessons, track their progress and ensure they can stay on track. It can be downloaded for free and configured to give staff the following tools:
Start, focus or pause student work
– Launch any app, website or book on a student device with a tap.
– Lock devices in a single app to help provide student focus.
– Lock screens to pause work or bring focus back to your class.
See what your students see with Screen View
– See an on overview of all your students devices at once.
– Focus on a single student screen (students are informed when their screens are being viewed).
Share student work on the classroom Apple TV with a push of a button (great for feedback and peer review!)
– Showcase the great work your students are doing in class.
– Use AirPlay to wireless present a student’s screen onto your classroom display.
Reset forgotten passwords right in the classroom
– Reset a managed Apple ID password without calling IT.
Organise student devices using groups
– Classroom automatically creates groups of students based on apps they are using.
– Teachers can create groups to break students into teams.
– Perform actions on entire groups or individual students within groups.
Assign shared iPad to students
– Once configure, Classroom connects to nearby students devices.
– Classroom intelligently assigns students to the Shared iPad they most recently used.
– Log students out of shared iPad at the end of a session to prepare for the next class.
iOS 9.3, including the Classroom app, is available to download now. An education configuration profile does need to be installed and there are minimum requirements for the devices, so if you have any techie questions or need to upgrade your iPad to ensure you can take advantage of these awesome tools then please don’t hesitate to get in touch!
You’ll need: iPad with iOS 9.3 (iPad 3rd gen or later, iPad Air or later, iPad mini (1st gen) or later, iPad Pro); App configuration via Mobile Device Management server; Supervised Student Devices enrolled in Mobile Device Management server; Bluetooth and WiFi enabled on both student and teacher devices; Student devices within Bluetooth range of the teacher running.
Find out more about our favourite apps and Apple iPad for the classroom. Get in touch with the team on 03332 409 306, email education@Jigsaw24.com, follow @Jigsaw24Edu on Twitter or ‘Like’ our Jigsaw24 Education Facebook page for all the latest technology in education news, reviews and articles.