In the third part of this series, we take a look at the different engines and options available, as well as the launch of Avid Pro Tools | S6 v2.
Engines and options
M40 V M10
The engine you choose dictates the total number of modules you can include in your S6 and impacts its overall size and customisability. Choose the high-performance M40 for large-scale productions that require maximum channels, high-resolution metering screens, and customisability, or the more affordable M10 for productions that need to fit into smaller rooms and budgets.
Both feature a tilting 12.1-inch multipoint touchscreen, eight adjacent rotary encoders, and dedicated knobs and keys for monitoring and global control, enabling you to view, access, and edit different aspects of your mix – such as tracks, processing, and metering – without mousing through menus.
Surface accessories – ergonomic extras to personalise your desk
– Blank panel: Cover empty module spaces with a smooth surface.
– Display VESA arm: Mount your DAW monitor on the surface with an adjustable arm.
– Producer’s desk: Integrate a keyboard and DAW display directly into your control surface.
– Sliding script tray: Hold pen, paper, and your personal devices within easy reach.
– Speaker bridge mount: Place speakers in an optimal position with the S6 frame.
– Sliding keyboard tray: Get hands-on with your computer keyboard wherever you’re sitting.
Hot off the press – Pro Tools|S6 v2
Announced today (13th July), here’s what you can expect from the latest instalment of Pro Tools|S6:
– Customisable Spill Zones for layouts, VCA spills and track types.
– Expand zone: Dedicated one or two knob modules for control of attention track.
– Fader flip.
– Automation graphs on CDM waveform displays option.
– Bank justification prefs.
– Save layouts to DAW session.
– Show hidden tracks.
Want to find out more about booking a demo of the Pro Tools | S6? Drop an email to our pro audio solutions specialists at audio@Jigsaw24.com. For all the latest news, follow @Jigsaw24Audio on Twitter or ‘Like’ us on Facebook.