Setting up your Mac (whether that be iMac, Mac mini, MacBook Pro or MacBook Air) as a server within your business makes it easier than ever for people in your organisation to collaborate, communicate and share information. Once your Mac is set up and running with the OS X Server app you can begin to use the Profile Manager tool for easy mobile management of you’re your employees’ devices.
The Profile Manager tool allows you to manage a whole host of mobile devices. From a business perspective, using your Mac as a server gives you control over what your devices have access to and what data your employees can share. Here’s a run down of what you can do in the Profile Manager tool:
Profile Manager simplifies deploying, configuring and managing your Mac computers and iOS devices in your business. It’s one place where you can control everything. In Profile Manager you can:
– Create profiles to set up user accounts for Mail, Calendar, Contacts and Messages.
– Configure system settings.
– Enforce restrictions.
– Set PIN and password policies.
– Simplify the distribution of apps and books purchased through the Volume Purchase Programme.
– Give users access to self-service web portals where they can download and install new configuration profiles.
– Clear passcodes and remotely lock or wipe Mac, iPhone or iPad if it’s been lost or stolen.
– Profile Manager also supports new Continuity features in Yosemite like Handoff.
Profile Manager can also be used in tandem with enterprise MDM solutions for better management of devices. We sell several solutions for this, including JAMF’s Casper Suite, which you can read about in more detail here.
Want to know more about Mac? Give our team a call on 03332 409 306 or email B2B@Jigsaw24.com. To find out more about our managed solutions click here. For all the latest news and tips, follow @WeAreJigsaw24 on Twitter or ‘Like’ us on Facebook.