EIZO have announced the release of a new ColorEdge monitor with DCI 4K native resolution. Welcome the CG318-4K, a 31.1″ display with built in self-calibration and an IPS panel capable of reproducing 98% of the DCI-P3. Think of it as providing the same outstanding colour accuracy as you’d expect from a CG model but with a massive 4096×2160 resolution and a dense 149 ppi.
The CG318-4K is designed to be ideal for media and entertainment fields like cinema and broadcasting and for work such as 2D and 3D CGI, VFX, compositing, and colour grading. It can also be used for both editing and reference work and, according to EIZO, is ideal for professionals in photography and printing. To showcase all its capabilities, EIZO have made a video accompanied with tranquil soundtrack to explain the wonders of the new CG318-4K. Watch it below.
So here’s the techy stuff
– The EIZO CG318-4K features DCI 4K native resolution (quadruple the resolution of full HD).
– The wide colour gamut reproduces 98% of DCI-P3 and has 1500:1 contrast ratio for reliable black reproduction in dimly lit studios.
– Dedicated colour management software is provided, as well as built-in sensors for self-calibration, ensuring predictable colour.
– A 3D LUT is included which adjusts colours individually on an RGB cubic table for accurate colour display.
– EIZO’s patented DUE technology ensures a stable image display with a Delta-E difference of 3 or less across the screen when the monitor leaves the factory.
– The CG318-4K comes with a five-year manufacturer’s limited warranty, including the LCD panel, and a brightness and colour warranty of up to 10,000 hours.
When can I get one?
The CG318-4K will start shipping in April 2015.
Whilst you’re waiting, check out our current range of EIZO monitors for sale on our store here.
Want to know more about EIZO ColorEdge displays? Get in touch with the team on 03332 409 306 or email displays@Jigsaw24.com. For all the latest news and tips follow us on Twitter or ‘Like’ us on Facebook.