New to OS X Yosemite, Family Sharing lets up to six members of your family (or small business) share their iTunes Store, App Store, and iBooks Store purchases, calendar and photos – without sharing accounts.
To set up Family Sharing there needs to be a lead (maybe your boss?) who sets up Family Sharing and invites up to five people to join the group. Once part of the group, you can share away. It’s worth noting that in order to join the group, you need the Apple ID you use for iCloud.
Once you have your Family Sharing lead, and the Apple IDs of the people you want to share with, follow these four simple steps to set up Family Sharing:
1. From the Apple menu, select System Preferences, then select iCloud.
2. Sign into iCloud with your Apple ID and click Set Up Family, then follow the onscreen instructions.
3. Click the Add button +, then do one of the following:
– To add someone who has an account, enter their name or email address and click Continue (people must already have an Apple ID which they use for iCloud).
– If the person you want to add is nearby, the person can simply enter their Apple ID and password they use for iCloud – otherwise email the person an invitation to join (as above).
4. Repeat steps above to add more members.
You can only be part of one family group at a time, and you can only switch families at most once per year.