MOTU 8U Audio Interface with Thunderbolt, USB 3.0 and AVB Networking
Estimated 2-3 Days Delivery
Jigsaw Code: X490AAR
Manufacturer Code: 8A
- Maximum Supported Sample Rate: 192kHz
- Converters: 24-bit
Platform: cross platform
Availability: Estimated 2-3 Days Delivery
The MOTU 8A is a premium grade audio interface with Thunderbolt, USB 3.0 and AVB connectivity. It offers 16 channels of IO (8x8) and features 8 live level inputs and outputsplus ADAT I/O which can also be configured as stereo optical S/PDIF formats.
Powerful on board DSP allows for custom mixes - including effects - to be performed inside the unit itself, and this can be controlled either from the connected host computer or over a network via the built-in web app.
Effectively a cut down version of MOTUs 16A interface, the 8A offers the same low latency, powerful DSP and ESS Sabre32 converters.
AVB Audio Networking means that the 8A can form part of a much larger system. Easily scalable, AVB allows audio interfaces to be connected via ethernet cables (one interface directly, or via an AVB switch if higher IO counts are required) with almost zero latency between interfaces.
- Number of Channels
- Line Inputs
- Line Outputs
- AUX Connections (Quantity)
- Buss Outputs (Quantity)
- Surround Compatibility
- Headphone Outputs
- None channels of digital I/O on MADI
- Maximum Supported Sample Rate
- iOS Connectivity
- Word Clock
- Transport Controls
- On Board DSP
- Windows System Requirements Mac OS X version 10.8 or later 1 GHz Pentium-based PC compatible or faster, 2 GB RAM; 4 GB or more recommended Windows 7 or later Available USB 2.0 or 3.0 port Available Ethernet port for firmware updates A large hard drive (at least 500 GB for recording)
Weight & Dimensions
- H 1u W 1/2 rack D 6 inch
- 3 Year Warranty