LaCie 2TB Rugged Triple USB 3.0 & FireWire Mobile Hard Drive
Jigsaw Code: X172AAJ
Manufacturer Code: LAC9000448
- Storage Speed: 5400rpm
- Preformatted for: PC & MAC
- Physical drives: 1
- Interfaces: USB 2.0 USB 3.0, FireWire 400, FireWire 800
Platform: cross platform
The LaCie Triple Rugged 2TB hard disk, designd by Neil Poulton, combines universal connectivity, four levels of rugged protection with large storage capacity ideal for users on the go. Featuring a super-speed USB 3.0 interface with data transfer rate up to 5Gb/s means you can transfer a 700MB video in less than 7 seconds. The rugged hard drive also includes FireWire 800 and is fully backward compatible with FireWire 400 (via cable) USB 2.0 interfaces.
Incredibly hardwearing, the Rugged external disk drive has a scratch-protected aluminium shell, internal rubber bumpers and shock-resistant hard drive making it ideal for heavy travel. Furthermore, the drive is shock-proof up to 2 metres and has been evaluated using the military standard 810-F for performance under stress and extreme conditions.
Conveniently bus-powered and with simple plug and play functionality, the LaCie Rugged is compatible with both Mac and Windows computers making it ideal for multi-platform environments and features 10GB of Wuala Secure online storage (1 year included). With the LaCie Triple Rugged you can also save power consumption by up to 40% with automatic Eco mode when the hard drive is not in use.
Keep you files safe and secure with AES 256-bit encryption software now available on LaCie Triple Rugged drives as standard. The LaCie Rugged hard drive also includes a three year limited warranty and ships with USB 3.0 and FireWire 800 cables.
- Model name
- LaCie Rugged Triple USB 3.0
- Total Capacity
- Physical drives
- Preformatted for
- PC & MAC
- Storage Speed
- Data Transfer Rate
- USB 3.0: up to 5Gb/s USB 2.0: up to 480Mb/s FireWire 800: up to 800Mb/s FireWire 400: up to 400Mb/s (cable sold separately)
- USB 2.0 USB 3.0, _ FireWire 400, FireWire 800
- Computer with a USB 3.0, FireWire 800, FireWire 400, or USB 2.0 port High-speed Internet for online storage Latest version of Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 / Mac OS X 10.5, 10.6 Minimum free disk space: 600MB recommended Time Machine compatible For USB 3.0 Mac compatibility: Mac Pro with LaCie USB 3.0 PCI Express Card (requires available PCI Express slot) MacBook Pro with LaCie USB 3.0 ExpressCard/34 (requires available ExpressCard/34 slot) Check www.lacie.com/usb3mac for adapter compatibility and the USB 3.0 Mac driver
- Form Factor
- Weight (kg)
- 260 g (9.2 oz)
- H 145mm W 90mm D 28mm
- Kensington Lock
What's in the Box
- What's in the Box
- LaCie Rugged Triple Hard Disk USB 3.0 cable (USB 2.0-compatible) FireWire 800 cable Quick Install Guide
- Supplied Software
- Easy setup (LaCie Setup Assistant) Automatic backup (LaCie Backup Assistant) AES 256-bit encryption: LaCie Private-Public software with password protection Automatic Eco mode: lowers the power consumption by up to 40% when not in use (may vary from one drive to another) 10GB Wuala Secure Online Storage (1 year included)
- 2 Year Limited Warranty
Which drive is right for you?
If you’re not sure whether you need an SSD or HDD, are wondering which level of RAID protection you need, or even just want some help telling all the small, grey boxes apart, take a look at our guide. We’ll cover off key considerations and the worst of the acronyms, so you can shop with confidence.