LaCie 12big 48TB Thunderbolt3 with USB-C 3.1 Desktop RAID Storage
Free Apple Thunderbolt3 to Thunderbolt2 Adapter Included!
Jigsaw Code: X018AAN
Manufacturer Code: STFJ48000400
- Platform Support: Mac OS X, Windows
- Interfaces: Thunderbolt 3, USB 2.0, USB 3.0
- Drive Bays: 12
- Removable Drives: 12
- Physical Capacity: 48TB
Platform: cross platform
Availability: Pre-Order Now
The LaCie 12big is big; really really big. The 12-bay RAID array sits neatly on your desk to unleash the raw throughput of Thunderbolt3 to your workflow, delivering speeds up to 2400MB/s in RAID5 and even faster in RAID0 so you can cut through edits in 4/5/6K like a knife through butter. So it's really, really fast.
And then there's the capacity. The 12big packs up to a colossal 48TB, 72TB and even an almighty 96TB of raw capacity spread over 12 enterprise-class 7200RPM hard drives from Seagate. There's a hardware RAID controller to wrangle all those spinning disks into logical volumes and to do all the leg work. The RAID controller sits under an easy-to-use user interface called LaCie RAID Manager where you can change the RAID configuration and understand the impact on capacity, speed and redundancy if you want to change to RAID0, RAID6, RAID50 etc (it's default is RAID5, by the way). There's lots of other useful stuff like front-loading HDDs, compact footprint (smaller than an iPad Air, no less) a 5-year limited hardware warranty and software wizards, too.
What's this Thunderbolt3 and USB-C thing all about? Thunderbolt3 is the absolute fastest I/O and it's delivered down the same connector as USB-C. Thunderbolt3 also supports other protocols down the same cable (awesome!) like USB 3.1 (gen1 and gen2), DisplayPort, PCIe, Thunderbolt 1&2, up to 100W charging AND support for up to 2x 4K displays. There's also all the usual daisy-chaining awesomeness we got used to with Thunderbolt and Thunderbolt2. So you can plug your 12big into any Thunderbolt3 host computer for the fastest available connection or even on an older USB3 computer with the included USB-C to USB-A cable.
For more information about the LaCie 12big, Thunderbolt3 or for advice around storing, editing, backing up, archiving or monetising content get in touch.
- Status Indicator
- LED & Monitoring Software
- Number of Fans
- Kensington Lock
- Sustained Data Transfer Rate
- Thunderbolt 3 (reads writes in MB/s): RAID 0: 2600 1700 RAID 5: 2400 1200 USB 3.1 (reads writes in MB/s): RAID 0: 400 400 RAID 5: 350 350
- Removable Drives
- Drive Bays
- Physical Capacity
- Hard Drive
- 3.5 inch HDD _
- Thunderbolt 3, USB 2.0, USB 3.0
- Additional Connectivity
- Thunderbolt3 USB 3.1 (USB-C)
- Standard RAID Levels
- RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 6, RAID 10, RAID 50
- Platform Support
- Mac OS X, Windows
- System Requirements
- Computer with a USB-C (Thunderbolt 3 or USB 3.1) or USB Type-A port Latest version of Mac OS. X 10.10 and later / Latest version of Windows. 8 and later Minimum free disk space: 600MB recommended Note: Your PC may need updates for the Thunderbolt 3 ports to function properly.
Power & Environmental Requirements
- Dual PSU
Weight & Dimensions
- Weight (kg)
- H 447mm W 161mm D 237mm
- Form Factor
- 5 Year Limited Warranty
What's in the Box
- What's in the Box
- LaCie 12big Thunderbolt3 Power cable USB-C (Thunderbolt 40Gb/s or USB 3.1 10Gb/s) cable USB-C to USB-A cable Hard disks Quick Install Guide
A guide to the G-Technology Evolution Series
The Evolution Series is evolving. With a whole family of storage products, G-Technology provides a variety of options for consumers and consistent innovation means the series continues to deliver flexibility and reliability, suited to any of your workflow needs.