Hachette Case Study
Consolidating five offices and three Apple support contracts at Hachette
When publishing group Hachette UK decided to move all their publishers into one office, it was the perfect opportunity to consolidate their Mac support contracts, too. After a lengthy tender process, Jigsaw24 emerged triumphant, and now provide onsite, remote and project-based support to the group’s central London premises.
Hachette UK are one of the UK's leading publishing houses. Having helped them consolidate five London offices into a single, centralised location, we went along to find out how they were enjoying their new Mac estate.
Read the full article
What did they need?
Hachette UK wanted to consolidate their existing Mac support contracts into one single support agreement, that covered both day to day support and project-based work, including helping them transfer five offices to a new, central premises.
How did we help?
We provide a comprehensive support and repair service for Hachette UK, including onsite engineers to handle the Apple side of their service desk, phone and email support in case of escalations, installation and configuration of new machines, deployment to desk and more.
What were the benefits?
- More comprehensive, better value support for Hachette’s Mac users, from onsite engineers embedded in the Hachette team.
- A team of engineers familiar with the Hachette environment available for cover and times of high workload.
- A single point of contact for all Hachette’s team, with additional resource available at peak times.
- Better second and third line support for Hachette’s team.
- Managed repairs service for faulty units.
- Strategic advice for key projects.
“We needed a company that had a depth of knowledge of Apple, was used to dealing with a mixed environment and publishing environments, and was a very strong cultural fit with not only us, but also with the employees from existing support organisations that would be brought across into this new arrangement.”
Andy Cobb, Director of IT Support, Hachette UK.
For more information on this customer case study, and to see more examples of our work, get in touch.
Who are Hachette?
Hachette UK is one of the largest and most diverse book publishers in the UK. The group is made up of several publishing companies and imprints.