A clear strategy for managing mobile devices is crucial, and our solutions can help you design a policy, deploy and manage devices, updates, apps and more, whether you’re providing devices, relying on a BYOD scheme or want to support an employee purchasing scheme. If you're deploying iOS and OS X devices, we can help you get set up on Apple's new Device Enrolment Programme for zero-touch device configuration. Get in touch with our team to organise a strategy and discovery session to review your current capabilities and identify what changes will benefit you the most.
Mobile device management (MDM)
What is it?
Mobile device management tools allow you to control the settings, permissions and applications available to any mobile device in your organisation, including tablets, smartphones, laptops and even things like POS kiosks or mobile printers.
Managed devices can be owned by the company, part of a shared ownership scheme (in which devices are partially owned by the end user) or a bring your own device (BYOD) scheme.
How does it help?
Managing your mobile devices centrally vastly increases the security of your company data. Functionality such as enforcing passwords and remotely wiping data on lost devices is common, and we can advise on a number of solutions that provide secure access to company data while respecting your existing AD permissions.
MDM also means that you can enrol and configure devices as soon as they’re added to the network, and push updates to them according to their profile rather than relying on end users to install updates themselves or taking on the time-consuming task of configuring each phone individually.
What can we do?
- Multi-platform mobile device management for iOS and Android devices.
- Mixed and single platform BYOD schemes.
- MDM as a managed service, hosted in the cloud, at our data centre or on premises.
- Integrate your MDM system with Apple's DEP scheme for smoother device enrolment.
What are the benefits?
Get in touch with the team to book a discovery and strategy session with our consultants.
- Single, centralised overview of your mobile estate no matter how many locations or platforms it covers.
- Easy new device on-boarding so new users can get up to speed quicker.
- Instant updates and application deployment to ensure all your end users are on the latest, approved version of key apps.
- Control of security, settings and data access from the moment a device joins your network, so you’re always legally compliant.
Available for download
How to optimise your device management solution from your infrastructure up
LNT Group case study
in the resource pack