Sophisticated Mac support at Hachette UK
- Who are they?
- Hachette UK is one of the largest and most diverse book publishers in the UK. The group is made up of several publishing companies and imprints.
- What did they need?
- Hachette UK wanted to consolidate their existing Mac support contracts into one single support agreement, which covered both day to day support and project-based work, including helping them transfer five offices to a new, central premises.
- How did we help?
- We provide a comprehensive support and repair service for Hachette UK, including onsite engineers to handle the Apple side of their service desk, phone and email support in case of escalations, installation and configuration of new machines, deployment to desk and more.
- What were the benefits?
- More comprehensive, better value support for Hachette’s Mac users, from onsite engineers embedded in the Hachette team.
- A team of engineers familiar with the Hachette environment available for cover and times of high workload.
- A single point of contact for all Hachette’s team, with additional resource available at peak times.
- Better second and third line support for Hachette’s team.
- Managed repairs service for faulty units.
- Strategic advice for key projects.
Download the full casestudy
What they needed from us
Help transferring five offices to a new, central premises.
A supplier that could provide top quality, extensive (and good value) Apple service.
A strong cultural fit with Hachette UK, as well as their complicated enterprise systems setup.
Help consolidating their existing Mac support contracts into one single support agreement.
Improved support that covered both day to day support and project-based work.
What Hachette UK think
The key thing for us was the depth of knowledge that Jigsaw24 showed. We were impressed by the calibre of people who were involved in the [tender] process and their responses, and they already looked after customers who were in a similar position to us.
Andy Cobb, Director of IT Support, Hachette UK
How it worked
The first thing we did was help Hachette UK move five sub-companies into a new, centralised London office.
We then kitted them out with their Macs and took over their support contracts.
We integrated new systems with their existing digital asset management solution, and introduced mobile device management with Jamf Pro.
We also provided Backup24, which gives the company secure, offsite backup for all their business-critical files and data, so when it comes to IT they can relax knowing everything is taken care of.
We now manage Hachette UK’s 400 Macs and provide support to their 2000 employees, including having three members of support staff onsite full time.
Remote support desks and managed services ensure full coverage of their entire Apple estate.
Our dedicated account managers are in regular contact with the company, with them purchasing from us every single week.
Going forward, with ongoing support, we’re able to make sure that Hachette UK are never behind on the latest technology.