Save costs by replacing pilots’ flight bags with this state of the art documentation and mobility solution
What is it?
Acacus is a state of the art documentation and mobility solution developed from the ground up with the specific needs of pilots in mind. An Electronic Flight Bag (EFB), it lets pilots digitise their paper-based workflows, with digital flight manifestos, seamless access to Flight Crew Operation Manuals (FCOMs), airline documentation, flight briefing documentation, announcements and more. Acacus is currently used by a number of international airlines including, Etihad, airberlin, Air Seychelles, Air Serbia and Alitalia.
Why does it matter?
By replacing pilots’ flight bags with Acacus’s custom tools, not only do you simplify the information that pilots regularly require, but there is also a significant cost and weight saving in having everything you need in one solution, rather than a heavy flight bag full of paper documents. Pilots receive quickly synchronised documentation based on their aircraft type, rostered destination or other grouping, and a back-end tool lets teams schedule, manage and tag documentation for distribution.
What are the benefits?
- Can easy to use interface displays all pilot-related announcements, weather feeds with up to date weather information for specific destinations, and all documents which have been synchronised.
- Flight Crew Operational Manuals (FCOM) and any documentation published by the airline for pilot viewing can be accessed, viewed, bookmarked and annotated.
- Documentation status and versions on any device can be viewed by compliance officials at any time to ensure documentation is up to date.
- Pilots can access incident forms required by the airline, fill them out
and submit them – when offline, submitted forms are cached until an internet connection can be established.
- Airlines can customise the EFB app by adding links to sites that pilots are frequently required to access, with the ability to be configured for single sign-on access.
- An extensive back-end administrative tool lets you create attributes and associate them with documents or folders for distribution, and set up read confirmations. Documentation teams can then easily track which pilots have downloaded content and how content has been accessed.
Want to know more about app solutions from our mobility partners, and how they
can benefit your business? Fill in the form below and one of the team will be in touch.